H J Melosh
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Exchange of meteorites (and life?) between stellar systemsH J Melosh
Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Astrobiology 3:207-15. 2003....
- Resistance of Bacillus endospores to extreme terrestrial and extraterrestrial environmentsW L Nicholson
Department of Veterinary Science and Microbiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 64:548-72. 2000....
- Understanding oblique impacts from experiments, observations, and modelingE Pierazzo
Lunar and Planetary Lab, University of Arizona, Tucson, 84721, USA
Annu Rev Earth Planet Sci 28:141-67. 2000..Finally, obliquity influences the fate of the projectile: in particular, the amount and velocity of ricochet are a strong function of impact angle...
- Deep Impact: excavating comet Tempel 1M F A'hearn
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Science 310:258-64. 2005..On approach, the spacecraft observed frequent natural outbursts, a mean radius of 3.0 +/- 0.1 kilometers, smooth and rough terrain, scarps, and impact craters. A thermal map indicates a surface in equilibrium with sunlight...
- Exposed water ice deposits on the surface of comet 9P/Tempel 1J M Sunshine
Science Applications International Corporation SAIC, Chantilly, VA 20151, USA
Science 311:1453-5. 2006..The total area of exposed water ice is substantially less than that required to support the observed ambient outgassing from the comet, which likely has additional source regions below the surface...