Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Evaluation of voxel-based morphometry for focal lesion detection in individualsSonya Mehta
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuroimage 20:1438-54. 2003..In its current form, VBM is not a suitable stand-alone technique for detecting or spatially characterizing focal lesions...
- Analysis of speech-related variance in rapid event-related fMRI using a time-aware acquisition systemS Mehta
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr 2155 RCP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuroimage 29:1278-93. 2006..They further demonstrate the utility of precise timing information about speech and respiration for this purpose...
- A neural signature of phonological access: distinguishing the effects of word frequency from familiarity and length in overt picture namingWilliam W Graves
University of Iowa, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 19:617-31. 2007....
- Damage to association fiber tracts impairs recognition of the facial expression of emotionCarissa L Philippi
Laboratory of Brain Imaging and Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Neurology, Division of Behavioral Neurology and Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Neurosci 29:15089-99. 2009..Our findings demonstrate the key role of white matter association tracts in the recognition of the facial expression of emotion and identify specific tracts that may be most critical...
- Disconnection's renaissance takes shape: Formal incorporation in group-level lesion studiesDavid Rudrauf
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Cortex 44:1084-96. 2008..The enhanced analysis framework opens a new avenue for studying neural systems, with the potential to facilitate identification of both cortical sectors and fiber tracts critical for cognitive functioning...
- Adaptive pacing of visual stimulation for fMRI studies involving overt speechThomas J Grabowski
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr 2155F RCP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuroimage 29:1023-30. 2006....
- Thresholding lesion overlap difference maps: application to category-related naming and recognition deficitsDavid Rudrauf
Laboratory of Computational Neuroimaging, Department of Neurology, Division of Behavioral Neurology and Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Iowa College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuroimage 41:970-84. 2008..We strongly suggest that when inferential statistics are used in voxel-wise lesion-deficit statistical mapping, these or other power maps be included in the reports...
- Model assessment and model building in fMRIMehrdad Razavi
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 20:227-38. 2003..Hum. Brain Mapping 20:227-238, 2003...
- The left posterior superior temporal gyrus participates specifically in accessing lexical phonologyWilliam W Graves
Medical College of Wisconsin, Neuro Lab, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 20:1698-710. 2008..The left pSTG demonstrated significant effects independently in both experiments, suggesting that this area participates specifically in accessing lexical phonology...
- The neural correlates of sign versus word productionKaren Emmorey
Laboratory for Language and Cognitive Neuroscience, San Diego State University, 6495 Alvarado Road, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92120, USA
Neuroimage 36:202-8. 2007..g., selection of hand configuration and place of articulation features), whereas activation within SPL may reflect proprioceptive monitoring of motoric output...