M S Mega
Affiliation: University of California
- The spectrum of behavioral responses to cholinesterase inhibitor therapy in Alzheimer diseaseM S Mega
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 90095 1769, USA
Arch Neurol 56:1388-93. 1999..Characterizing the pretreatment profile of patients who are likely to respond to cholinergic therapy will aid the efficient use of clinical resources...
- Hippocampal atrophy in persons with age-associated memory impairment: volumetry within a common spaceMichael S Mega
Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1769, USA
Psychosom Med 64:487-92. 2002..The objective of this study is to demonstrate the assessment of hippocampal atrophy within a standard brain atlas for persons with age-associated memory impairment (AAMI) compared with cognitively intact elderly...
- Cerebral correlates of psychotic symptoms in Alzheimer's diseaseM S Mega
Department of Neurology UCLA School of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 69:167-71. 2000..Psychotic symptoms are produced by distributed neuronal dysfunction. Abnormalities of reality testing and false inference implicate frontal lobe abnormalities...
- Mathematical/computational challenges in creating deformable and probabilistic atlases of the human brainP M Thompson
Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1769, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 9:81-92. 2000..Population-based maps of cortical variation reveal a mosaic of variability patterns that segregate sharply according to functional specialization and cytoarchitectonic boundaries...
- Cortical change in Alzheimer's disease detected with a disease-specific population-based brain atlasP M Thompson
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, Division of Brain Mapping and Alzheimer s Disease Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Cereb Cortex 11:1-16. 2001..These deficits can therefore be (i) charted in a living population and (ii) compared across individuals and groups, facilitating longitudinal, genetic and interventional studies of dementia...
- Orbitofrontal and anterior cingulate cortex neurofibrillary tangle burden is associated with agitation in Alzheimer diseaseS Tekin
Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Ann Neurol 49:355-61. 2001..01). These observations suggest that agitation and aberrant motor behavior are correlates of greater NFT pathology in the orbitofrontal cortex in AD, whereas increasing apathy may relate to greater NFT burden in the anterior cingulate...
- Probabilistic approaches for atlasing normal and disease-specific brain variabilityA W Toga
Reed Neurological Research Center, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1769, USA
Anat Embryol (Berl) 204:267-82. 2001....
- Differential diagnosis of dementia: clinical examination and laboratory assessmentM S Mega
Memory Disorders and Alzheimer's Disease Clinic, Department of Neurology, Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, and UCLA Alzheimer's Disease Research Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cornerstone 3:1-14. 2001..The assessment will enable the clinician to diagnose the earliest manifestation of AD...
- Cerebral metabolic and cognitive decline in persons at genetic risk for Alzheimer's diseaseG W Small
Center on Aging and Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:6037-42. 2000..These results indicate that the combination of cerebral metabolic rates and genetic risk factors provides a means for preclinical AD detection that will assist in response monitoring during experimental treatments...
- Metabolic patterns associated with the clinical response to galantamine therapy: a fludeoxyglucose f 18 positron emission tomographic studyMichael S Mega
Alzheimers Disease Center and Center on Aging, Providence Health System, Portland, OR 97222
Arch Neurol 62:721-8. 2005..Regional brain correlates of treatment with cholinesterase inhibitors in those with Alzheimer disease are unknown...
- Automated brain tissue assessment in the elderly and demented population: construction and validation of a sub-volume probabilistic brain atlasMichael S Mega
Alzheimer s Disease Center, Providence Health System, 10150 SE 32nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97222, USA
Neuroimage 26:1009-18. 2005..To develop an automated imaging assessment tool that accommodates the anatomic variability of the elderly and demented population as well as the registration errors occurring during spatial normalization...
- A wavelet-based statistical analysis of FMRI data: I. motivation and data distribution modelingIvo D Dinov
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, Department of Statistics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1554, USA
Neuroinformatics 3:319-42. 2005..In the second part of our investigation, we will apply this technique to analyze a large fMRI dataset involving repeated presentation of sensory-motor response stimuli in young, elderly, and demented subjects...
- Differential diagnosis of dementia: clinical examination and laboratory assessmentMichael S Mega
Memory Disorders and Alzheimer s Disease Clinic, Department of Neurology, Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, and UCLA Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Cornerstone 4:53-65. 2002..The assessment will enable the clinician to diagnose the earliest manifestation of AD...