Susan M Meffert
Affiliation: University of California
- A prospective study of trait anger and PTSD symptoms in policeSusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Trauma Stress 21:410-6. 2008..Increased anger is important not only because of the impact it has on individual distress and physical health, but also because of its potential public health impact...
- Darfur refugees in Cairo: mental health and interpersonal conflict in the aftermath of genocideSusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:1835-48. 2009....
- The role of mental health professionals in political asylum processingSusan M Meffert
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:479-89. 2010....
- Brief Report: Sexual Violence Against HIV-Positive Women in the Nyanza Region of Kenya: Is Condom Negotiation an Instigator?Chinwe C Onu
UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Global Health Sciences, UCSF School of Nursing, San Francisco, CA Centre for clinical research, Nairobi, Kenya Medical Research Institute KEMRI, Kenya Family AIDS Care Education and Services, Kenya Department of Psychiatry, UCSF Global Health Sciences, San Francisco, CA Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, UCSF Global Health Sciences, San Francisco, CA and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 74:52-55. 2017..We used qualitative data to examine SV against HIV-positive women enrolled in HIV care in Kenya. Respondents identified husbands as perpetrators of SV in the context of women's efforts to use condoms as directed by HIV care providers...
- Feelings of betrayal by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and emotionally distressed Sudanese refugees in CairoSusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Med Confl Surviv 26:160-72. 2010..This is the first study of which we are aware that examines the relationship between sense of betrayal by the UNHCR and symptoms of PTSD, depression and anger among asylum seekers...
- Prospective study of police officer spouse/partners: a new pathway to secondary trauma and relationship violence?Susan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e100663. 2014..It has been reported that posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is associated with secondary spouse/partner (S/P) emotional distress and relationship violence...
- Interpersonal psychotherapy for depression and posttraumatic stress disorder among HIV-positive women in Kisumu, Kenya: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialChinwe Onu
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 500 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA, 94121, USA
Trials 17:64. 2016....
- Novel implementation research designs for scaling up global mental health care: overcoming translational challenges to address the world's leading cause of disabilitySusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94127 USA
Int J Ment Health Syst 10:19. 2016....
- Increase of perceived frequency of neighborhood domestic violence is associated with increase of women's depression symptoms in a nationally representative longitudinal study in South AfricaSusan M Meffert
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Psychiatry, 401 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 131:89-97. 2015..No other type of violence was associated with increased depression in women in the fully adjusted model. Research and policy implications are discussed. ..
- HIV, violence and women: unmet mental health care needsBrian Zunner
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Affect Disord 174:619-26. 2015....