Susan M Meffert
Affiliation: University of California
- A prospective study of trait anger and PTSD symptoms in policeSusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Trauma Stress 21:410-6. 2008..Increased anger is important not only because of the impact it has on individual distress and physical health, but also because of its potential public health impact...
- Darfur refugees in Cairo: mental health and interpersonal conflict in the aftermath of genocideSusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:1835-48. 2009....
- The role of mental health professionals in political asylum processingSusan M Meffert
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:479-89. 2010....
- Feelings of betrayal by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and emotionally distressed Sudanese refugees in CairoSusan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Med Confl Surviv 26:160-72. 2010..This is the first study of which we are aware that examines the relationship between sense of betrayal by the UNHCR and symptoms of PTSD, depression and anger among asylum seekers...
- Prospective study of police officer spouse/partners: a new pathway to secondary trauma and relationship violence?Susan M Meffert
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e100663. 2014..It has been reported that posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is associated with secondary spouse/partner (S/P) emotional distress and relationship violence...
- HIV, violence and women: unmet mental health care needsBrian Zunner
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Affect Disord 174:619-26. 2015....
- Increase of perceived frequency of neighborhood domestic violence is associated with increase of women's depression symptoms in a nationally representative longitudinal study in South AfricaSusan M Meffert
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Psychiatry, 401 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 131:89-97. 2015..No other type of violence was associated with increased depression in women in the fully adjusted model. Research and policy implications are discussed. ..