David Michael McMullan
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Modified Blalock-Taussig shunt versus ductal stenting for palliation of cardiac lesions with inadequate pulmonary blood flowDavid Michael McMullan
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Wash Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 147:397-401. 2014..We evaluated the durability and safety of ductal stenting as an alternative to the modified Blalock-Taussig shunt...
- Expanding the availability of extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitationD Michael McMullan
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Pediatrics 131:e934-8. 2013..She subsequently returned to school and is progressing appropriately with her peers. Cardiac function has normalized, and she remains in normal sinus rhythm...
- Morphological studies of pulmonary arteriovenous shunting in a lamb model of superior cavopulmonary anastomosisDavid Michael McMullan
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 98105, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:706-12. 2008..These may represent the vascular structures responsible for arteriovenous shunting following the classic Glenn cavopulmonary shunt. Detailed analysis of these structures may elucidate factors responsible for their development...
- Minimizing bleeding associated with mechanical circulatory support following pediatric heart surgeryDavid Michael McMullan
Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 39:392-7. 2011..We have assembled a centrifugal pump system (CPS) that does not require early systemic anticoagulation. This study compares postoperative bleeding in pediatric patients placed on standard ECMO versus CPS within 24h of cardiotomy...
- Pulmonary arteriovenous shunting in the normal fetal lungDavid Michael McMullan
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1497-500. 2004..We hypothesized that pulmonary arteriovenous shunting (PAVS) is normally present in fetal lungs and that cavopulmonary anastomosis-induced PAVS may represent a return to an earlier morphologic stage of development...
- Continuous renal replacement therapy with an automated monitor is superior to a free-flow system during extracorporeal life supportJordan Matthew Symons
1Division of Nephrology, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 2Division of Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 3Division of Cardiac Surgery, Benioff Children s Hospital, San Francisco, CA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:e404-8. 2013..To determine whether integrated continuous renal replacement therapy provides more accurate fluid management than IV pump free-flow ultrafiltration in pediatric patients on extracorporeal life support...
- Predictors of ECMO support in infants with tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathyJack Christian Salerno
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA 98105 0371, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 32:754-8. 2011..0, P = 0.009). No patient in the medically managed group had an LVED z-score >2.3. Infants presenting with SVT and TIC with LVED z-score >2 are at increased risk for requiring ECMO support and early use of ECMO should be considered...
- Comparison of wire-reinforced and non-wire-reinforced dual-lumen catheters for venovenous ECMO in neonates and infantsSujata Subramanian
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington 98105 0371, USA
ASAIO J 59:81-5. 2013..Further improvements in dual-lumen VV catheter design may reduce the risk of failure and injury and improve efficiency of extracorporeal gas exchange...
- A method for selectively limiting lumen diameter in corrosion castingDavid Michael McMullan
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Microvasc Res 67:215-7. 2004..his technique may aid investigators in the evaluation of a variety of vascular beds and is useful in demonstrating non-capillary arteriovenous communications...
- Images in clinical medicine. Radiographic evidence linking tobacco use and lung cancerDavid Michael McMullan
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
N Engl J Med 354:397. 2006
- Tricuspid valve replacement with a melody stented bovine jugular vein conduitJoshua L Hermsen
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington
Ann Thorac Surg 98:1826-7. 2014..The Melody valve can be serially dilated over time to accommodate the somatic growth of pediatric patients. We report the initial experience of using the Melody valve as a surgical tricuspid valve replacement in an infant. ..
- Intrapleural fibrinolysis during pediatric extracorporeal life supportCordelie E Witt
Department of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 6:123-5. 2015..We present two pediatric patients who were safely and successfully managed with intrapleural fibrinolysis of retained hemothorax during ECLS. ..
- Embryology and anatomy of intrapulmonary shuntsDavid Michael McMullan
Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington
Echocardiography 32:S190-4. 2015..Pulmonary vascular shunting poses a major clinical risk. In this brief overview, we discuss the morphological aspects of shunting vessels in the lung, their development, and the regulation of their patency. ..
- Risk of extracorporeal life support circuit-related hyperkalemia is reduced by prebypass ultrafiltrationMeghan Delaney
Laboratory Department, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:e263-7. 2013..This study was undertaken to determine the efficacy of prebypass ultrafiltration in normalizing extracorporeal life support circuit priming solution before initiating extracorporeal life support...