Dana L McMakin
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Anhedonia predicts poorer recovery among youth with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatment-resistant depressionDana L McMakin
University of Pittsburgh, Western PsychiatricInstitute and Clinic, 3811 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:404-11. 2012..To identify symptom dimensions of depression that predict recovery among selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) treatment-resistant adolescents undergoing second-step treatment...
- Affective functioning among early adolescents at high and low familial risk for depression and their mothers: a focus on individual and transactional processes across contextsDana L McMakin
School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara Street, 322 Loeffler Building, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:1213-25. 2011..transactional processes (e.g., negative escalation). Findings are discussed in concert with attention to affect flexibility, contextual and transactional factors...
- "You can do it!": The role of parental encouragement of bravery in child anxiety treatmentJennifer S Silk
University of Pittsburgh, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, PA 15213, USA
J Anxiety Disord 27:439-46. 2013..Encouragement of bravery increased from pre- to post-treatment for youth who received CBT but not CCT, and pre-treatment encouragement of bravery predicted a better response to treatment, particularly for youth receiving CBT. ..
- Neural response to reward as a predictor of increases in depressive symptoms in adolescenceJudith K Morgan
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neurobiol Dis 52:66-74. 2013..monetary reward directly and the longitudinal assessment of parallel changes in pubertal development, neural response to reward, and depressive symptoms...
- "I won, but I'm not getting my hopes up": depression moderates the relationship of outcomes and reward anticipationThomas M Olino
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatry Res 194:393-5. 2011..This finding has implications for understanding the developmental pathophysiology of MDD and suggests specific contexts where altered motivational system functioning may play a role in maintaining depression...
- Comparisons across depression assessment instruments in adolescence and young adulthood: an item response theory study using two linking methodsThomas M Olino
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 41:1267-77. 2013..However, future work is necessary to demonstrate that the PROMIS-Depression measure has reliable associations with external criteria and is sensitive to treatment response. ..
- Self-regulation of sleep, emotion, and weight during adolescence: implications for translational research and practiceDana L Rofey
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Weight Management and Wellness, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Transl Sci 6:238-43. 2013..Last, we end with possible prevention and intervention efforts that capitalize on the interactions among these three regulatory domains...