D H McKenna
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Rationale and design for TIME: A phase II, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial evaluating the safety and effect of timing of administration of bone marrow mononuclear cells after acute myocardial infarctionJay H Traverse
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Am Heart J 158:356-63. 2009..This study will provide further insight into the clinical feasibility and appropriate timing of autologous BMMNC therapy in high-risk patients after AMI and percutaneous coronary intervention...
- Optimization of cGMP purification and expansion of umbilical cord blood-derived T-regulatory cells in support of first-in-human clinical trialsDavid H McKenna
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA Electronic address
Cytotherapy . 2016..tTreg were safe and demonstrated clinical efficacy, but low yield prevented further dose escalation...
- Clinical production and therapeutic applications of alloreactive natural killer cellsDavid H McKenna
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Cancer Centre and Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 882:491-507. 2012....
- Umbilical cord blood: current status and future directionsD H McKenna
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
Vox Sang 100:150-62. 2011..Novel approaches to UCB transplantation include use of two units and a variety of graft manipulations. Additional uses for UCB are currently being explored and include applications in regenerative medicine and immunotherapy...
- CD34(+) cell selection using small-volume marrow aspirates: a platform for novel cell therapies and regenerative medicineDavid H McKenna
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55108, USA
Cytotherapy 12:170-7. 2010..The impact on CD34(+) recovery using a full versus half vial of Isolex(R) CD34 reagent and the effects of shipping a post-selection product were evaluated...
- HLA alloimmunization in patients requiring ventricular assist device supportDavid H McKenna
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 21:1218-24. 2002..We looked at HLA antibody formation in our patients during VAD support to determine the rate and potential causes of antibody formation...
- The Minnesota Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics Facility: a state-of-the-art biotherapeutics engineering laboratoryDavid H McKenna
Division of Minnesota Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics Facility, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
Transfus Med Rev 19:217-28. 2005..Here we provide an overview of the Minnesota Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics (MMCT) Facility, detailing our approach to the manufacture of novel therapeutics and highlighting current and future activities...
- Good manufacturing practices production of natural killer cells for immunotherapy: a six-year single-institution experienceDavid H McKenna
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minnesota 55108, USA
Transfusion 47:520-8. 2007..Herein is a report on the experience of clinical-scale, good manufacturing practices (GMPs) production of NK cells to treat advanced cancer...
- Relapse risk after umbilical cord blood transplantation: enhanced graft-versus-leukemia effect in recipients of 2 unitsMichael R Verneris
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 114:4293-9. 2009..This trial was registered at http://clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00309842...
- Cell loss and recovery in umbilical cord blood processing: a comparison of postthaw and postwash samplesVincent Laroche
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Transfusion 45:1909-16. 2005..This study examines the effect of the wash step as well as that of PT storage on various quality control variables of UCB units...
- Infusion of ex vivo expanded T regulatory cells in adults transplanted with umbilical cord blood: safety profile and detection kineticsClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 117:1061-70. 2011..These results set the stage for a definitive study of UCB Treg to determine its potency in preventing allogeneic aGVHD. This study is registered at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00602693...
- Results of a phase 1, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of bone marrow mononuclear stem cell administration in patients following ST-elevation myocardial infarctionJay H Traverse
Minneapolis Heart Institute, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, MN 55407, USA
Am Heart J 160:428-34. 2010..However, results from trials performed in the United States have not yet been presented...
- Allogeneic natural killer cells for refractory lymphomaVeronika Bachanova
Blood and Marrow, Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:1739-44. 2010..Cell therapy trials should incorporate novel strategies to limit Treg expansion...
- Microbial contamination of hematopoietic stem cell products: incidence and clinical sequelaeMark A Klein
Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1142-9. 2006..Prophylactic antibiotics are useful for certain contaminants; however, caution must be exercised when gram-negative contaminated products are administered...
- Factors predicting single-unit predominance after double umbilical cord blood transplantationP Ramirez
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 47:799-803. 2012..4; P=0.05) were independent factors associated with unit predominance. Taken together, these findings suggest that immune reactivity has a role in unit predominance, and should be considered during graft selection and graft manipulation...
- Loss of integrity of umbilical cord blood unit freezing bags: description and consequencesBharat Thyagarajan
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55108, USA
Transfusion 48:1138-42. 2008..Because UCB units are selected on an individual basis to maximize the chance of engraftment, loss of container integrity may have adverse effects on patient outcome...
- Viability does not necessarily reflect the hematopoietic progenitor cell potency of a cord blood unit: results of an interlaboratory exerciseAnneke Brand
Leiden Cord Bloodbank, Sanquin, The Netherlands
Transfusion 48:546-9. 2008..Another reason for a discrepancy between the number of cells in the unit released by the cord blood bank and found in the transplant center may be technical differences in cell counting methods between the two sites...