Deborah B McGuire
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Palliative care and end of life: the caregiverDeborah B McGuire
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Nurs Outlook 60:351-356.e20. 2012..Conclusions include that expanding the science will contribute to improving caregiver performance and health...
- Occurrence of cancer painDeborah B McGuire
University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Nursing, 21201, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr . 2004..Addressing these critical areas will improve our understanding of the occurrence and effects of pain and enhance our ability to provide appropriate interventions, thereby increasing patients' quality of life...
- The role of basic oral care and good clinical practice principles in the management of oral mucositisDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 655 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:541-7. 2006....
- Promulgation of guidelines for mucositis management: educating health care professionals and patientsDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, 655 W Lombard Street, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Support Care Cancer 14:548-57. 2006....
- Assessing pain in nonresponsive hospice patients: development and preliminary testing of the multidimensional objective pain assessment tool (MOPAT)Deborah B McGuire
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Palliat Med 14:287-92. 2011..Accurate assessment in hospice patients who cannot communicate their pain is almost impossible, increasing their risk for unrecognized and inadequately managed pain...
- The experience of a sore mouth and associated symptoms in patients with cancer receiving outpatient chemotherapyCarlton G Brown
School of Nursing, University of Delaware, McDowell Hall Rm 361, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:259-70. 2009..In addition, the association of multiple symptoms with SM will provide a foundation for further research investigation in oral mucositis...
- Evidence-based guidelines for managing mucositisDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 20:59-66. 2004..To discuss implementation of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines for mucositis...
- Prevalence and correlates of symptoms and uncertainty in illness among head and neck cancer patients receiving definitive radiation with or without chemotherapyMary Ellen Haisfield-Wolfe
Acute and Chronic Care Department, Johns Hopkins University, School of Nursing, 525 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205 2110, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:1885-93. 2012..This repeated measures, prospective study was designed to explore and describe symptom dimensions, depressive symptoms, and uncertainty in newly diagnosed oropharyngeal and laryngeal cancer patients during and 1 month following treatment...
- The cancer pain experience of Israeli adults 65 years and older: the influence of pain interference, symptom severity, and knowledge and attitudes on pain and pain controlMarlene Z Cohen
The University of Texas Health Science Center, School of Nursing, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Support Care Cancer 13:708-14. 2005..The purpose of this study was to explore the cancer pain experience, including pain intensity, pain management index, pain interference, symptom severity, and knowledge and attitudes toward pain and pain control...
- Patterns of sore mouth in outpatients with cancer receiving chemotherapyCarlton G Brown
School of Nursing, College of Health Sciences, University of Delaware, McDowell Hall, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Support Care Cancer 17:413-28. 2009....
- Meeting survivors' unmet needs: an integrated framework for survivor and palliative careKathleen A Griffith
University of Maryland School of Nursing, 655 W Lombard Street, 404F, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 26:231-42. 2010..To propose an integrated framework for survivorship care and palliative care, explore application of this framework in cancer patients, and identify research opportunities to expand the evidence base for practice...
- Perspectives on coping among patients with head and neck cancer receiving radiationMary Ellen Haisfield-Wolfe
Acute and Chronic Care Department, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 39:E249-57. 2012..To describe coping among patients with laryngeal and oropharyngeal cancer during definitive radiation with or without chemotherapy...
- The 20 item oral mucositis index: reliability and validity in bone marrow and stem cell transplant patientsDeborah B McGuire
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Invest 20:893-903. 2002..Provided that clinical examiners have appropriate training and experience, the OMI-20 can be used as a reliable, valid, and quantifiable measure of mucositis in clinical research...
- Prevalence and correlates of depression among patients with head and neck cancer: a systematic review of implications for researchMary Ellen Haisfield-Wolfe
School of Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 36:E107-25. 2009..To present a comprehensive summary of the existing research literature related to prevalence and correlates of depression in adult patients with head and neck cancer to establish a knowledge base for future research...
- Visual graphical analysis: a technique to investigate symptom trajectories over timeCarlton G Brown
Nurs Res 56:195-201. 2007..Visual graphical analysis (VGA) is a technique that can provide researchers with an alternative method of quantitative statistical analysis that is more sensitive to individual change and variation...
- Updated clinical practice guidelines for the prevention and treatment of mucositisDorothy M Keefe
Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Cancer 109:820-31. 2007..These efforts are likely to have significant clinical and economic impact on the treatment of cancer patients. Cancer 2007;109:820-31. (c) 2007 American Cancer Society...
- Mucosal tissue injury in cancer therapy. More than muscositis and mouthwashDeborah B McGuire
Deborah B McGuire, PhD, RN, FAAN, Associate Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Pract 10:179-91. 2002....
- Symptom clusters: concept analysis and clinical implications for cancer nursingHee Ju Kim
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, USA
Cancer Nurs 28:270-82; quiz 283-4. 2005....
- Barriers and strategies in implementation of oral care standards for cancer patientsDeborah B McGuire
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Support Care Cancer 11:435-41. 2003..Key principles underlying this successful institutional effort were recognition of the medical necessity of oral care, collaboration among health-care disciplines, and use of evidence-based practice wherever possible...
- Defining clinically meaningful outcomes in the evaluation of new treatments for oral mucositis: oral mucositis patient provider advisory boardLisa A Bellm
IntraBiotics Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 1245 Terra Bella Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Cancer Invest 20:793-800. 2002..Minimally, clinical trials for OM should assess oral pain, opioid use, oral intake, and include objective assessment of OM...
- BIOBEHAVIORAL INTERVENTIONS FOR ORAL PAIN AND MUCOSITISDeborah McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Pain Assessment in Non-Communicative Palliative Care PatientsDeborah McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2008..It should help facilitate the management of pain in non-communicative patients across palliative care settings and ultimately result in less suffering. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..