Affiliation: University of Toledo
- Effects of a brief intervention on retention of patients in a cardiac rehabilitation programAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Toledo Health Science Campus, Toledo, OH, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 39:163-70. 2014..Patients in both the intervention and controls groups who completed cardiac rehabilitation improved the distance walked, quality of life and decreased anxiety. ..
- A wellness program for first year medical studentsAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, Health Science Campus, The University of Toledo, 3000 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH 43614 2598, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 37:253-60. 2012..There were no significant changes in anxiety or frequency of acute illness. Wellness programs can be implemented in medical school and may be particularly useful for entering students with elevated psychological distress...
- The effects of biofeedback in diabetes and essential hypertensionAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43614 2598, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 77:S68-71. 2010..Further research is needed to guide identification of the best candidates for psychophysiologic intervention for these conditions, although patient readiness for change is a clear prerequisite...
- Effects of wellness programs in family medicineAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43614 5809, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 34:121-6. 2009..Matching the design of the program to specific patient needs may increase retention and effectiveness...
- Effects of depression and anxiety on adherence to cardiac rehabilitationAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Toledo, Health Science Campus, Mail Stop 1193, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 29:358-64. 2009..To determine the effects of depression and anxiety on patient completion of structured cardiac rehabilitation...
- Coherence between physician diagnosis and patient self reports of anxiety and depression in primary careAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:420-4. 2010..Use of self report tools is recommended to complement physician understanding of patient symptom description and management of anxiety and depression in primary care...
- Recent life changes and medical utilization in an academic family practiceDenis J Lynch
Department of Family Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:633-5. 2005..01) and number of visits for acute problems (p = 0.05). Since stress from life changes is a significant contributor to symptoms and medical utilization in some patient groups, routine assessment of this risk factor is suggested...
- A Stress Management Program for Higher Risk Medical Students: Preliminary FindingsJulie Brennan
Departments of Family Medicine and Psychiatry, The University of Toledo, 3333 Glendale Avenue, Toledo, OH, 43614, USA
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 41:301-5. 2016..Intervention directed to decreasing the effects of stress was associated with improvement in indicators of distress and may modify the longer term risk. ..
- Application of the high risk model of threat perception to medical illness and service utilization in a family practiceAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, Medical College of Ohio, 3120 Glendale Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43614, Espana
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:255-9. 2003..These results emphasize the importance of psychosocial factors in medical illness. Routine assessment of psychosocial risk factors in family practice patients is suggested...
- Psychosocial Factors and Comorbidity Associated with Suicide Attempts: Findings in Patients with Bipolar DisorderAngele McGrady
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA
Psychopathology . 2017..The goal of this study is to identify psychosocial factors and comorbidity associated with this serious and life-threatening behavior...
- A Descriptive Analysis of Factors Leading to a 1-Year Remission in Bipolar DisorderDaniel Rapport
RAPPORT, KAPLISH, MCGRADY, McGinnis, WHEARTY, Thomas, and FINE Department of Psychiatry, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
J Psychiatr Pract 21:351-8. 2015..The goal of this retrospective study was to identify medications associated with a minimum of 12 consecutive months of symptomatic, functional, and syndromal remission...
- Designing and implementing a resiliency program for family medicine residentsJulie Brennan
Department of Family Medicine, University of Toledo, OH, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 50:104-14. 2015..Resiliency programs can effectively serve to meet accreditation requirements while fostering residents' abilities to balance personal and professional demands. ..
- Biofeedback-assisted relaxation in type 2 diabetesRonald A McGinnis
Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Ohio, 3120 Glendale Ave, RHC 0079, Toledo, Ohio 43614 5809, USA
Diabetes Care 28:2145-9. 2005..The objective of this randomized controlled study was to determine the effects of biofeedback and relaxation on blood glucose and HbA1c (A1C) in patients with type 2 diabetes...