Barbara L McFarlin
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Elective cesarean birth: issues and ethics of an informed decisionBarbara L McFarlin
University of Illinois, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 49:421-9. 2004..It is essential that we evaluate how risks, benefits, and liability issues impact the recommendations for the mode of birth. The ethics of making an informed choice as well as ethical professional responsibilities are explored...
- Quantitative ultrasound assessment of the rat cervixBarbara L McFarlin
Department of Maternal Child Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Ultrasound Med 25:1031-40. 2006..The purpose of this research was to detect cervical ripening with a new quantitative ultrasound technique...
- Maternal and fetal stress responses during birth: adaptive or maladaptive?Aleeca Bell
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing, 845 South Damen Avenue, M C 802, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 51:319-20. 2006
- Ultrasound assessment of the endometrium for irregular vaginal bleedingBarbara L McFarlin
Department of Maternal Child Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, 845 South Damen Avenue, Room 858, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 51:440-9. 2006..The purpose of this article is to give the clinician critical information regarding the capabilities of ultrasound to evaluate women with irregular vaginal bleeding...
- In vivo ultrasonic attenuation slope estimates for detecting cervical ripening in rats: Preliminary resultsTimothy A Bigelow
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of North Dakota, Box 7165, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202, USA
J Acoust Soc Am 123:1794-800. 2008..The large variances in the in vivo results were most likely due to the natural variation in attenuation for biological tissue between animals...