Richard C McEachin
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Modeling gene-by-environment interaction in comorbid depression with alcohol use disorders via an integrated bioinformatics approachRichard C McEachin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
BioData Min 1:2. 2008..We used an integrated bioinformatics approach, mining available data in multiple databases, to develop and refine a model of gene-by-environment interaction consistent with this comorbidity...
- Convergence of genetic influences in comorbidityRichard C McEachin
Center for Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 13:S8. 2012..The Rank Product (RP) method overcomes limitations posed by Fisher assumptions, though RP was not designed for GWA data...
- Identifying hypothetical genetic influences on complex disease phenotypesBenjamin J Keller
Eastern Michigan University, Computer Science Department, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:S13. 2009..The computational problem we address is to discover relationships among genes from these interacting regions that may explain the observed statistical interaction and the role of these genes in the disease phenotype...
- A genetic network model of cellular responses to lithium treatment and cocaine abuse in bipolar disorderRichard C McEachin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
BMC Syst Biol 4:158. 2010..We initially hypothesized a gene-by-environment interaction where lithium, acting as an environmental influence, impacts signal transduction pathways leading to differential expression of genes important in the etiology of BD mania...
- Modeling complex genetic and environmental influences on comorbid bipolar disorder with tobacco use disorderRichard C McEachin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
BMC Med Genet 11:14. 2010..Therefore, we hypothesized a common underlying genetic etiology, interacting with nicotine exposure, influencing susceptibility to both BD and TUD...
- A bioinformatics approach reveals novel interactions of the OVOL transcription factors in the regulation of epithelial - mesenchymal cell reprogramming and cancer progressionHernan Roca
Department of Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
BMC Syst Biol 8:29. 2014..We now test this hypothesis by developing a model, OVOL Induced MET (OI-MET), and sub-model (OI-MET-TF), to characterize differential gene expression in MET common to prostate cancer (PC) and breast cancer (BC)...
- SAGA: a subgraph matching tool for biological graphsYuanyuan Tian
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bioinformatics 23:232-9. 2007..SAGA employs an indexing technique that allows it to efficiently evaluate queries even against large graph datasets...
- SNP Function Portal: a web database for exploring the function implication of SNP allelesPinglang Wang
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute and Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Bioinformatics 22:e523-9. 2006....
- Transcription factors OVOL1 and OVOL2 induce the mesenchymal to epithelial transition in human cancerHernan Roca
Department of Urology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76773. 2013..The role of OVOL-TFs as inducers of MET is further supported by expression analyses in 917 cancer cell lines, suggesting their role as crucial regulators of epithelial-mesenchymal cell plasticity in cancer...
- Profiles of growth hormone (GH)-regulated genes reveal time-dependent responses and identify a mechanism for regulation of activating transcription factor 3 by GHJeffrey S Huo
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4132-41. 2006..These findings suggest that GH regulates transcription of Atf3 through a mechanism utilizing factors, such as C/EBPbeta, which bind to a novel C/EBP site...
- Bisphenol A-associated alterations in genome-wide DNA methylation and gene expression patterns reveal sequence-dependent and non-monotonic effects in human fetal liverChristopher Faulk
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA 48109 Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA 55108
Environ Epigenet 1:. 2015..Future longitudinal studies are needed to link these changes with altered health risks...
- Computationally identifying novel NF-kappa B-regulated immune genes in the human genomeRongxiang Liu
Bioinformatics Program and the Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Genome Res 13:654-61. 2003..Our method of predicting gene function, based on characteristic patterns of transcription factor binding, evolutionary conservation, and expression studies, would be applicable to finding genes with other functions...