Jeffrey G McDonald
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- A comprehensive method for extraction and quantitative analysis of sterols and secosteroids from human plasmaJeffrey G McDonald
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Lipid Res 53:1399-409. 2012..Application of this method to plasma samples revealed that at least 50 samples could be extracted in a routine day...
- Identification and quantitation of sorbitol-based nuclear clarifying agents extracted from common laboratory and consumer plasticware made of polypropyleneJeffrey G McDonald
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Anal Chem 80:5532-41. 2008..While the potential toxicity of NCAs in mammalian systems is unknown, the current data provide scientists and consumers the opportunity to make more informed decisions regarding the use of polypropylene plastics...
- CYP7B1: one cytochrome P450, two human genetic diseases, and multiple physiological functionsAshlee R Stiles
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9046, USA
J Biol Chem 284:28485-9. 2009..The role of CYP7B1 in brain is under investigation; recent studies show that spastic paraplegia type 5, a progressive neuropathy, is caused by loss-of-function mutations in the human gene...
- Extraction and analysis of sterols in biological matrices by high performance liquid chromatography electrospray ionization mass spectrometryJeffrey G McDonald
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, USA
Methods Enzymol 432:145-70. 2007..The extraction procedure described is flexible and can be tailored to sample type or information sought. The instrumental analysis method is similarly adaptable and offers high selectivity and sensitivity...
- 25-Hydroxycholesterol secreted by macrophages in response to Toll-like receptor activation suppresses immunoglobulin A productionDavid R Bauman
Department of Molecular Genetics and The Cancer Immunobiology Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16764-9. 2009..The suppression of IgA class switching in B cells by a macrophage-derived sterol in response to TLR activation provides a mechanism for local and systemic negative regulation of the adaptive immune response by the innate immune system...