J S McCune
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Pharmacogenomics of Immunosuppressants in Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Part IIJeannine S McCune
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 55:551-93. 2016....
- Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacogenomics of Immunosuppressants in Allogeneic Haematopoietic Cell Transplantation: Part IJeannine S McCune
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 55:525-50. 2016..In Part I of this article, we review the alloHCT process to facilitate optimal design of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics studies. We also review the pharmacokinetics and TCI of calcineurin inhibitors and methotrexate. ..
- Association of fludarabine pharmacokinetic/dynamic biomarkers with donor chimerism in nonmyeloablative HCT recipientsJeannine S McCune
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 76:85-96. 2015..In this study, we evaluated whether fludarabine-based pharmacologic biomarkers were associated with clinical outcomes in HCT recipients...
- Population pharmacokinetic/dynamic model of lymphosuppression after fludarabine administrationJeannine S McCune
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 75:67-75. 2015....
- Variation in prescribing patterns and therapeutic drug monitoring of intravenous busulfan in pediatric hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsJeannine S McCune
University of Washington School of Pharmacy, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 53:264-75. 2013....
- A limited sampling schedule to estimate mycophenolic Acid area under the concentration-time curve in hematopoietic cell transplantation recipientsHong Li
Department of Pharmacy, Box 357630, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 52:1654-64. 2012..5, 3, 5, and 6 hours from the start of the infusion precisely estimated MPA AUC(0-12 h) for Q12-hour IV MMF. A comparable schedule (2, 2.5, 3, 4, and 6 hours) similarly estimated MPA AUC(0-8) (h) for Q8-hour dosing...
- Potential of chemotherapy-herb interactions in adult cancer patientsJeannine S McCune
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Support Care Cancer 12:454-62. 2004....
- Influence of age upon Ifosfamide-induced nephrotoxicityJeannine S McCune
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:427-32. 2004..Ifosfamide-induced nephrotoxicity is well recognized in children, although it has also been reported in adults. Whether ifosfamide nephrotoxicity is more common in children than in adults is not known...
- Contribution of CYP3A5 to hepatic and renal ifosfamide N-dechloroethylationJeannine S McCune
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:1074-81. 2005..CYP2B6 protein could not be detected in this panel of human renal microsomes. In conclusion, CYP3A5*1 genotype is associated with higher rates of ifosfamide N-dechloroethylation in human liver and kidneys...
- A pilot pharmacologic biomarker study of busulfan and fludarabine in hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsJeannine S McCune
School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA 98195 7630, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 69:263-72. 2012..Our goal was to evaluate pharmacologic biomarkers pertinent to both medications in these patients...
- Personalized dosing of cyclophosphamide in the total body irradiation-cyclophosphamide conditioning regimen: a phase II trial in patients with hematologic malignancyJ S McCune
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 85:615-22. 2009..03); and nonrelapse and overall survival rates similar to those in the controls (P = 0.70 and 0.63, respectively) despite the lower doses of CY administered to most of the patients in the personalized dosage group...
- Cyclophosphamide following targeted oral busulfan as conditioning for hematopoietic cell transplantation: pharmacokinetics, liver toxicity, and mortalityJeannine S McCune
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:853-62. 2007..Alternative strategies, such as administering i.v. busulfan or CY before BU, should be explored...
- Assessment of ovarian failure and osteoporosis in premenopausal breast cancer survivorsJeannine S McCune
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, 91895 7630, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 11:37-43. 2005..Therefore, we conducted a retrospective chart review to determine the adequacy of ovarian failure and osteoporosis assessment and management in premenopausal breast cancer survivors...
- Cyclophosphamide disposition in an anephric childJeannine S McCune
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:99-104. 2006..e., 383 microM*hr). With the recent findings that clinical outcomes are related to CEPM AUC, further data are needed regarding the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and relevant metabolites in anephric children...
- Pharmacogenomic associations in ABCB1 and CYP3A5 with acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease after myeloablative hematopoietic cell transplantationE L Woodahl
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 8:248-55. 2008..Since no significant pharmacogenomic associations were observed, tailoring CNIs dosing based on these genotypes is unlikely to lower significantly the risk of renal injury following myeloablative HCT...
- Busulfan concentration and graft rejection in pediatric patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJ S McCune
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:167-73. 2002..It may be possible to improve the outcome of HSCT in pediatric patients receiving the BU/CY regimen through optimization of busulfan C(SS) and better definition of the contribution of activated cyclophosphamide metabolites to toxicity...
- Measured versus estimated glomerular filtration rate in the Calvert equation: influence on carboplatin dosingA Donahue
University of North Carolina, University of Washington, CB #7360, Beard Hall, Box 357630, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7360 Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 47:373-9. 2001..The greater negative bias found for the latter three estimates of carboplatin clearance could result in underdosing of carboplatin...
- Evaluation of outcomes in converting from intravenous ondansetron to oral granisetron: an observational studyJ S McCune
School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:14-20. 2001..Guideline revision and outcome documentation by the oncology pharmacists resulted in increased compliance with institution guidelines and a 40% cost savings...
- Lack of gender differences and large intrasubject variability in cytochrome P450 activity measured by phenotyping with dextromethorphanJ S McCune
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:723-31. 2001..High inter- and intrasubject variability in DM:3MM and DM:DX were clearly demonstrated and limit the use of dextromethorphan to phenotype endogenous CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 activity...
- Patterns of blood product use among patients with myelodysplastic syndromeS D Ramsey
Research and Economic Assessment in Cancer and Healthcare REACH Group, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Vox Sang 102:331-7. 2012....
- Pharmacogenetics of intravenous and oral busulfan in hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsNissa Abbasi
University of Washington School of Pharmacy, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 51:1429-38. 2011..Clearance of IV busulfan was not associated with GSTA1 (P = .21) or GSTM1 (P = .99). These data suggest that personalizing either IV or oral busulfan dosing cannot be simplified on the basis of GSTA1 or GSTM1 genotype...
- A phase I trial defining the maximum tolerated systemic exposure of topotecan in combination with Carboplatin and Etoposide in extensive stage small cell lung cancerHeidi H Gillenwater
The Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Cancer Invest 23:511-9. 2005..The purpose of this Phase I trial was to determine the maximally tolerated systemic exposure (MTSE) of topotecan in combination with carboplatin and etoposide...
- Pharmacological considerations of primary alkylatorsJeannine S McCune
Department of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Rsearch Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer Treat Res 112:323-45. 2002
- Topotecan disposition in an anephric childLisa C Iacono
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:596-600. 2004..The median topotecan lactone clearance was 15.5 L/h/m off hemodialysis and 18.7 L/h/m on hemodialysis. Topotecan clearance was minimally affected by hemodialysis and was similar to that observed in children without renal failure...
- A phase I/II study of mycophenolate mofetil in combination with cyclosporine for prophylaxis of acute graft-versus-host disease after myeloablative conditioning and allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantationRichard A Nash
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:495-505. 2005..Although a significant improvement in the prevention of GVHD was not suggested, compared with CSP and MTX, MMF in combination with CSP could be considered in cases in which MTX is contraindicated...
- Gene expression profiling and breast cancer care: what are the potential benefits and policy implications?Nina Oestreicher
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Genet Med 7:380-9. 2005..However, the outcomes associated with gene expression profiling are not clear, and guidelines for the appropriate use of genomic technologies have not been established...
- Fluconazole coadministration concurrent with cyclophosphamide conditioning may reduce regimen-related toxicity postmyeloablative hematopoietic cell transplantationArlo Upton
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:760-4. 2007..No difference in relapsed malignancy was apparent. These data support the hypothesis that fluconazole, when coadministered with CY, decreases CY-related toxicities by inhibiting cytochrome P450 2C9 metabolism...
- Real-time dose adjustment of cyclophosphamide in a preparative regimen for hematopoietic cell transplant: a Bayesian pharmacokinetic approachDavid H Salinger
Departments of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4888-98. 2006..To facilitate real-time dose adjustment, we developed open-source code within the statistical software R that incorporates individual data into a population pharmacokinetic model...
- Reduced incidence of acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease with the addition of thymoglobulin to a targeted busulfan/cyclophosphamide regimenH Joachim Deeg
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:573-84. 2006....
- Pharmacodynamics of mycophenolate mofetil after nonmyeloablative conditioning and unrelated donor hematopoietic cell transplantationLuisa Giaccone
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D1 100, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 106:4381-8. 2005..We conclude that increased MPA Css's predicted higher degrees of donor T-cell chimerism after unrelated donor nonmyeloablative HCT and suggest that targeting MPA Css's greater than 2.5 microg/mL could prevent graft rejection...
- Metabolism-based cyclophosphamide dosing for hematopoietic cell transplantGeorge B McDonald
Gastroenterology Hepatology Section, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 78:298-308. 2005..We conclude that metabolism-based dosing of cyclophosphamide is feasible and that a lower cyclophosphamide dose does not affect engraftment...
- Pharmacokinetics of oral mycophenolate mofetil in dog: bioavailability studies and the impact of antibiotic therapyMarilena Lupu
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1352-4. 2006
- The absolute bioavailability of oral vinorelbine in patients with solid tumorsRichard M Lush
Experimental Therapeutics Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, and the Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 56:578-84. 2005..Whole blood vinorelbine concentrations were measured using a sensitive LC/MS/MS method. The data from patients were excluded if they vomited within 3 h after the oral dose...
- Imatinib inhibition of fludarabine uptake in T-lymphocytesErica L Woodahl
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:735-9. 2008..Imatinib is an inhibitor of human equilibrative transporters (hENTs), which are responsible for the intracellular uptake of fludarabine...
- A phase II multicenter study of visilizumab, humanized anti-CD3 antibody, to treat steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host diseasePaul A Carpenter
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Clinical Research Division, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Mailstop D5 290, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:465-71. 2005..Survival at 180 days was 32% (95% confidence interval, 18%-46%). The administration of visilizumab as used in this study seems to be sufficiently safe and effective to warrant further assessment for treatment or prevention of GVHD...
- Rapid quantitation of cyclophosphamide metabolites in plasma by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryThomas F Kalhorn
University of Washington Mass Spectrometry Center, Box 357610, Seattle, 98195, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 835:105-13. 2006..The development of this rapid analytical method makes it feasible to adjust the dose of cyclophosphamide based on the pharmacokinetic disposition of HCy and CEPM in hopes of decreasing nonrelapse mortality in cancer patients...
- A highly sensitive high-performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry method for quantification of fludarabine triphosphate in leukemic cellsThomas F Kalhorn
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 820:243-50. 2005..The utility of the assay has been demonstrated by the analysis of F-ara-ATP in human leukemic cells after incubation with 9-beta-D-arabinosyl-2-fluoroadenine (F-ara-A) at clinically relevant concentrations...
- Current status of cetuximab for the treatment of patients with solid tumorsDeborah A Frieze
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, WA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:241-50. 2006..To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical evidence, and safety, as well as the potential directions for use, of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) monoclonal antibody cetuximab...
- The effect of cyclophosphamide with and without dexamethasone on cytochrome P450 3A4 and 2B6 in human hepatocytesCeleste Lindley
Division of Pharmacotherapy, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:814-22. 2002..The impact of these effects on the efficacy and toxicity of CPA therapy warrants further investigation...
- The cost of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with early-stage breast carcinomaNina Oestreicher
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Cancer 104:2054-62. 2005..The objective of the current study was to evaluate the direct medical cost of adjuvant chemotherapy in women with early-stage breast carcinoma...