M K Mau
Affiliation: University of Hawaii
- Patient and provider perspectives on using telemedicine for chronic disease management among Native Hawaiian and Alaska Native peopleVANESSA HIRATSUKA
Research Department, Southcentral Foundation, Anchorage, AK, USA
Int J Circumpolar Health 72:. 2013..Yet few studies are available on how best to use telemedicine technology in reducing ethnic and racial health care disparities...
- Cardiometabolic health disparities in native Hawaiians and other Pacific IslandersMarjorie K Mau
Center for Native and Pacific Health Disparities Research, Department of Native Hawaiian Health, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Epidemiol Rev 31:113-29. 2009..More experimental intervention studies are needed to examine promising approaches to reversing the rising tide of cardiometabolic health disparities in NHOPI...
- Risk factors associated with methamphetamine use and heart failure among native Hawaiians and other Pacific Island peoplesMarjorie K Mau
Department of Native Hawaiian Health, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:45-52. 2009..Data were analyzed by odds ratios (OR), 95% confidence intervals (CI), and multiple logistic regression analysis...
- Mediators of lifestyle behavior change in Native Hawaiians: initial findings from the Native Hawaiian Diabetes Intervention ProgramM K Mau
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Diabetes Care 24:1770-5. 2001..To examine the association of stage of change with diet and exercise behaviors in response to a lifestyle intervention for Native Hawaiians (NHs)...
- Renal disease disparities in Asian and Pacific-based populations in Hawai'iMarjorie K Mau
Department of Native Hawaiian Health, 677 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite 1016B, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 95:955-63. 2003....
- Environmental factors of obesity in communities with native HawaiiansMarjorie K Mau
Department of Native Hawaiian Health, John A Bums School of Medicine, University of Hawai i, Honolulu, HI, USA
Hawaii Med J 67:233-6. 2008..To compare the fast food outlets and exercise resources across 3 communities with varying percentages of Native Hawaiians (NH) and to correlate these findings with obesity prevalence...
- Epidemiologic and clinical factors associated with chronic kidney disease among Asian Americans and Native HawaiiansMarjorie K Mau
Department of Native Hawaiian Health, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawai i at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Ethn Health 12:111-27. 2007....
- The insulin resistance syndrome in native Hawaiians. Native Hawaiian Health Research (NHHR) ProjectM K Mau
Pacific Biomedical Research Center, Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, USA
Diabetes Care 20:1376-80. 1997..To investigate whether fasting hyperinsulinemia is associated with a clustering of cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors, manifesting as the insulin resistance syndrome (IRS), in a population of native Hawaiians...
- Prevalence of glucose intolerance among Native Hawaiians in two rural communities. Native Hawaiian Health Research (NHHR) ProjectA Grandinetti
Pacific Biomedical Research Center, Manoa, Hawaii
Diabetes Care 21:549-54. 1998..To estimate prevalence of type 2 diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) among a population of native Hawaiians in two rural communities...
- Detecting cardiometabolic syndrome using World Health Organization public health action points for Asians and Pacific IslandersAndrew Grandinetti
University of Hawai i at Manoa, John A Burns School of Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Ethn Dis 20:123-8. 2010..To assess the screening characteristics of World Health Organization (WHO) body mass index action points for cardiometabolic syndrome (CMS) in Native Hawaiians and people of Asian ancestry (ie, Filipino and Japanese)...
- Procedural success and complications following percutaneous coronary interventions among Asians and Pacific IslandersKhung Keong Yeo
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, USA
Clin Cardiol 28:429-32. 2005....
- Pacific Islanders' perspectives on heart failure managementJoseph Keawe aimoku Kaholokula
University of Hawai i at Manoa, John A Burns School of Medicine, Department of Native Hawaiian Health, Honolulu, USA
Patient Educ Couns 70:281-91. 2008..To identify the health beliefs, attitudes, practices, and social and family relations important in heart failure treatment among Pacific Islanders...
- Translating diabetes prevention into native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities: the PILI 'Ohana Pilot projectMarjorie K Mau
University of Hawai i, Center for Native and Pacific Health Disparities Research, Department of Native Hawaiian Health, John A Burns School of Medicine
Prog Community Health Partnersh 4:7-16. 2010..Community-based participatory research (CBPR) is an approach that engages the community in the research process and has recently been proposed as a means to improve the translation of research into community practice...
- Ethnic admixture affects diabetes risk in native Hawaiians: the Multiethnic CohortG Maskarinec
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 70:1022-7. 2016..People of Asian ancestry experience a high risk of type 2 diabetes despite the relatively low body weight. We evaluated the impact of ethnic admixture on diabetes risk among NHs in the Multiethnic Cohort (MEC)...
- Native and Pacific health disparities researchJoseph Keawe aimoku Kaholokula
Department of Native Hawaiian Health, John A Burns School of Medicine, USA
Hawaii Med J 67:218-9, 222. 2008
- Extension of type 2 diabetes genome-wide association scan results in the diabetes prevention programAllan F Moore
Center for Human Genetic Research, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 57:2503-10. 2008....
- Hawai'i's role to increase public participation in health researchMarjorie K Mau
Hawaii Med J 67:4-6. 2008
- Heart Failure Disparities in Native HawaiiansMarjorie Mau; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..