Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Tobacco brief intervention training for chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage practitioners: protocol for the CAM reach studyMyra L Muramoto
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, 1450 N, Cherry Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:510. 2014..There is a pressing need to develop and test the effectiveness of BI training that is both grounded in Public Health Service (PHS) Guidelines for tobacco dependence treatment and that is relevant and appropriate for CAM practitioners...
- Activating lay health influencers to promote tobacco cessationMyra L Muramoto
University of Arizona Department of Family and Community Medicine, Tucson, AZ, USA
Am J Health Behav 38:392-403. 2014..To evaluate the effect of tobacco cessation brief-intervention (BI) training for lay "health influencers," on knowledge, self-efficacy and the proportion of participants reporting BI delivery post-training...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 2 dosages of sustained-release bupropion for adolescent smoking cessationMyra L Muramoto
Department of Family and Community Medicine, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85704, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:1068-74. 2007..To assess the safety and efficacy of sustained-release bupropion hydrochloride for adolescent smoking cessation...
- Helpers program: A pilot test of brief tobacco intervention training in three corporationsMyra L Muramoto
University of Arizona, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Tucson, 85724, USA
Am J Prev Med 38:S319-26. 2010....
- Systems thinking to improve the public's healthScott J Leischow
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 84724, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:S196-203. 2008..A set of recommendations for a systems-centric approach to translational science will be presented...
- Effectiveness of the nicotine inhaler for smoking cessation in an OTC settingScott J Leischow
Behavioral Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7337, USA
Am J Health Behav 28:291-301. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness of the Nicotrol nicotine inhaler as an aid to smoking cessation in over-the-counter (OTC) versus health-care-provider (HCP) conditions...