KENNETH IRA MATON
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Increasing the number of African American PhDs in the sciences and engineering: a strengths-based approachKenneth I Maton
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Am Psychol 59:547-56. 2004..The parenting practices that helped these youths to overcome the odds and achieve at the highest levels prior to coming to college are also examined...
- Outcomes and Processes in the Meyerhoff Scholars Program: STEM PhD Completion, Sense of Community, Perceived Program Benefit, Science Identity, and Research Self-EfficacyKenneth I Maton
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21250
CBE Life Sci Educ 15:. 2016..The findings underscore the potential of comprehensive STEM intervention programs to enhance PhD completion, and suggest mechanisms of influence. ..
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program: a strengths-based, institution-wide approach to increasing diversity in science, technology, engineering, and mathematicsKenneth I Maton
University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 79:610-23. 2012..Limitations of the research to date are noted, and directions for future research are proposed...
- Minority students of color and the psychology graduate pipeline: disquieting and encouraging trends, 1989-2003Kenneth I Maton
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am Psychol 61:117-31. 2006....
- Community-based interdisciplinary research: introduction to the special issueKenneth I Maton
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 21250, USA
Am J Community Psychol 38:1-7. 2006....
- Community psychology at the crossroads: prospects for interdisciplinary researchKenneth I Maton
Psychology Department, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 21250, USA
Am J Community Psychol 38:9-21. 2006....
- Empowering community settings: agents of individual development, community betterment, and positive social changeKenneth I Maton
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Am J Community Psychol 41:4-21. 2008..The paper concludes with an examination of the ways that community psychology and allied disciplines can help increase the number and range of empowering settings, and enhance the community and societal impact of existing ones...
- Experiences and perspectives of African American, Latina/o, Asian American, and European American psychology graduate students: A national studyKenneth I Maton
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 17:68-78. 2011..Limitations of the study and implications for future research and action are discussed...
- Analyzing the Impact of the Meyerhoff Scholarship Program: Pathways to the STEM PKENNETH IRA MATON; Fiscal Year: 2010....