Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Elevation in serum lactate at the time of febrile neutropenia (FN) in hemodynamically-stable patients with hematologic malignancies (HM) is associated with the development of septic shock within 48 hoursAnthony R Mato
John Theurer Cancer Center, Lymphoma Division, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 9:585-9. 2010..This study was designed to determine whether serum lactate, measured at the time of FN, is associated with the development of septic shock in hospitalized hematologic malignancy (HM) patients...
- Utility of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) criteria in predicting the onset of septic shock in hospitalized patients with hematologic malignanciesAnthony Mato
Hematology and Oncology, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1095-1100. 2009..The systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) criteria have not been validated in patients with hematologic malignancies (HM)...
- Primary cardiac lymphoma: utility of multimodality imaging in diagnosis and managementAnthony R Mato
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1867-70. 2007..We present the case of an 82 yr old male with newly diagnosed PCL and two years of subsequent follow up. This report highlights the utility of a multimodality imaging approach in the diagnosis and management of PCL...
- Rituximab, cyclophosphamide-fractionated, vincristine, doxorubicin and dexamethasone alternating with rituximab, methotrexate and cytarabine overcomes risk features associated with inferior outcomes in treatment of newly diagnosed, high-risk diffuse largeAnthony Mato
Lymphoma Division, John Theurer Cancer Center, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:2606-12. 2013..Future work will focus on identifying molecular markers for failure in patients with DLBCL treated with dose-intensive regimens...
- A phase I study of bexarotene, a retinoic X receptor agonist, in non-M3 acute myeloid leukemiaDonald E Tsai
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:5619-25. 2008..We therefore conducted a phase I dose escalation study to assess the maximum tolerated dose, toxicities, and activity of bexarotene in patients with non-M3 acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Marginal zone lymphoma involving subcutaneous fat: appearance by FDG-PET/CT, MRI, and contrast-enhanced CT imagingElise A Chong
Division of Hematology Oncology, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Nucl Med 33:692-3. 2008
- Front-line, dose-escalated immunochemotherapy is associated with a significant progression-free survival advantage in patients with double-hit lymphomas: a systematic review and meta-analysisChristina Howlett
Department of Pharmacy and Clinical Services, John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ, USA
Br J Haematol 170:504-14. 2015..A subset of patients might benefit from intensive induction with/without transplant. Further investigation into the role of transplant and novel therapy combinations is necessary. ..
- Novel strategies for relapsed and refractory acute myeloid leukemiaAnthony R Mato
Abramson Cancer Center and Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 15:108-14. 2008..We reviewed each report to identify studies that used a phase II or III design and that included a majority of adults with non-M3 acute myeloid leukemia described as 'relapsed' or 'refractory'...
- Management of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in the era of B-cell receptor signal transduction inhibitorsAnthony Mato
Center for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Lymphoma Program, Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Am J Hematol 90:657-64. 2015..This review highlights key aspects of B-cell receptor (BCR) signaling in relation to novel inhibitors of the BCR signaling pathway, currently at various stages of preclinical and clinical development...
- Genomic imbalance defines three prognostic groups for risk stratification of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaJane Houldsworth
Cancer Genetics, Inc, Rutherford, NJ, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 55:920-8. 2014..These data support genomic imbalance evaluation in CLL by aCGH to assist in risk stratification...
- A predictive model for the detection of tumor lysis syndrome during AML induction therapyAnthony R Mato
Hematologic Malignancies Program, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:877-83. 2006..This analysis may lay the groundwork for the development of the first evidence-based guidelines for TLS monitoring and management in this patient population...