Susana L Matias
Affiliation: University of California
- Risk factors for early lactation problems among Peruvian primiparous mothersSusana L Matias
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Matern Child Nutr 6:120-33. 2010..Early lactation problems may be influenced by modifiable factors such as delivery mode and breastfeeding frequency. Infant status at birth and maternal characteristics could indicate when breastfeeding dyads need extra support...
- Determinants of exclusive breastfeeding in a cohort of primiparous periurban peruvian mothersSusana L Matias
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Hum Lact 28:45-54. 2012..Research is also warranted to explore the factors linking depot medroxyprogesterone acetate use and breast pain with EBF duration...
- Prenatal Lipid-Based Nutrient Supplements Affect Maternal Anthropometric Indicators Only in Certain Subgroups of Rural Bangladeshi WomenSusana L Matias
Departments of Nutrition and
J Nutr 146:1775-82. 2016..Maternal undernutrition and low macro- and micronutrient intake and weight gain during pregnancy have been reported in Bangladesh...
- Study of Women, Infant Feeding, and Type 2 diabetes mellitus after GDM pregnancy (SWIFT), a prospective cohort study: methodology and designErica P Gunderson
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612 2304, USA
BMC Public Health 11:952. 2011..This report describes the design and methods implemented for this study to obtain the clinical, biochemical, anthropometric, and behavioral measurements during the recruitment and follow-up phases...
- Adherence to recommendations on lipid-based nutrient supplement and iron and folic acid tablet consumption among pregnant and lactating women participating in a community health programme in northwest BangladeshKassandra L Harding
Program in International and Community Nutrition, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Matern Child Nutr 13:. 2017..Organoleptic acceptability of LNS-PL, particularly during pregnancy, may also need to be addressed...
- Maternal prepregnancy obesity and insulin treatment during pregnancy are independently associated with delayed lactogenesis in women with recent gestational diabetes mellitusSusana L Matias
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA SLM, CPQ, and EPG, and the Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA SLM and KGD
Am J Clin Nutr 99:115-21. 2014..Several risk factors for delayed OL are common in women with a history of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM), which may affect their chances for successful breastfeeding outcomes...