Kristopher I Mathis
Affiliation: University of California
- An electrophysiological investigation of attentional blink in schizophrenia: separating perceptual and attentional processesKristopher I Mathis
VA Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles VA Healthcare Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 86:108-13. 2012..Mean ssVEP amplitude did not differ between the groups, and the differences in P300 remained after controlling for ssVEP. These results suggest that the observed AB deficits were due to attentional, not perceptual, processing deficits...
- The attentional blink in schizophrenia: isolating the perception/attention interfaceKristopher I Mathis
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, CA 90073, USA
J Psychiatr Res 45:1346-51. 2011..This performance pattern on the AB task suggests that patients with schizophrenia exhibit both deficits in visual processing at the interface of perceptual and attentional processing and a general attentional deficit...
- Cross-diagnostic comparison of duration mismatch negativity and P3a in bipolar disorder and schizophreniaCarol Jahshan
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Bipolar Disord 14:239-48. 2012..Furthermore, MMN and P3a have not been examined between diagnostic subgroups of patients with bipolar disorder. We evaluated MMN and P3a in patients with bipolar disorder compared to patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls...
- Visual masking in schizophrenia: overview and theoretical implicationsMichael F Green
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Schizophr Bull 37:700-8. 2011..Finally, we will suggest a possible mechanism that could explain the patterns of masking findings and other visual processing findings in schizophrenia...
- The neurophysiology of biological motion perception in schizophreniaCarol Jahshan
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Los Angeles, California Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, California
Brain Behav 5:75-84. 2015..However, little is known about the neural substrates of impaired biological motion perception in schizophrenia. In the current study, we assessed event-related potentials (ERPs) to human and nonhuman movement in schizophrenia...
- Object substitution masking in schizophrenia: an event-related potential analysisJonathan K Wynn
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Los Angeles, CA, USA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
Front Psychol 4:30. 2013..Considering that the VAN is thought to reflect reentrant processing, one interpretation of the findings is that patients' lack of VAN response and poorer performance may be related to dysfunctional reentrant processing...