Affiliation: University of California
- Perceptions of drug users regarding hepatitis C screening and care: a qualitative studyAshly E Jordan
Beth Israel Medical Center, 120 East 16th St, New York, NY 10003, USA
Harm Reduct J 10:10. 2013..Racial and ethnic minorities have a higher incidence and prevalence of HCV and higher HCV-related mortality. Factors contributing to poor engagement in care are incompletely understood...
- Possible barriers to enrollment in substance abuse treatment among a diverse sample of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders: opinions of treatment clientsCarmen L Masson
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 44:309-15. 2013..However, similar to other racial/ethnic minority groups, it is important to address cultural differences and develop culturally competent substance abuse treatments for the AAPI population...
- Organizational issues in the implementation of a hospital-based syringe exchange programCarmen L Masson
Department of Psychiatry, San Francisco General Hospital Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Subst Use Misuse 45:901-15. 2010..Based on these experiences, this paper provides guidance on how to integrate an SEP into a traditional health care institution...
- Methadone patients in the therapeutic community: a test of equivalencyJames L Sorensen
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 100:100-6. 2009..This study used equivalency testing to explore the consequences of admitting opioid-dependent clients currently on methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) into a TC...
- HIV/hepatitis prevention in drug abuse treatment programs: guidance from researchJames L Sorensen
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Sci Pract Perspect 1:4-11. 2002..Some activities can be accomplished by providers simply becoming aware of the issues; others will require significant infusion of leadership, education, and fiscal support...
- Medical service use and financial charges among opioid users at a public hospitalCarmen L Masson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco at San Francisco General Hospital, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 66:45-50. 2002..The findings suggest that health care providers and policy makers consider policies that promote ambulatory care use among opioid users seeking medical care through the public health care system...
- Psychometric evaluation of the Quality of Life Interview, Brief Version, in injection drug usersDavid A Wasserman
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 20:316-21. 2006..Unexpectedly, lower baseline QOLI-BV scores predicted opiate abstinence at follow-up. The QOLI-BV appears to be an acceptable quality-of-life measure for use in clinical trials of opioid dependence treatments...
- Randomized trial of drug abuse treatment-linkage strategiesJames L Sorensen
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, 94110, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:1026-35. 2005..Case management and vouchers can be valuable in health settings to link substance abusers with medical problems to drug abuse treatment...
- Cost and cost-effectiveness of standard methadone maintenance treatment compared to enriched 180-day methadone detoxificationCarmen L Masson
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Addiction 99:718-26. 2004..To compare the cost and cost-effectiveness of methadone maintenance treatment and 180-day methadone detoxification enriched with psychosocial services...
- Linking opioid-dependent hospital patients to drug treatment: Health care use and costs 6 months after randomizationPaul G Barnett
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Addiction 101:1797-804. 2006..To conduct an economic evaluation of the first 6 months' trial of treatment vouchers and case management for opioid-dependent hospital patients...
- Hospital- versus community-based syringe exchange: a randomized controlled trialCarmen L Masson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco at San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:97-110. 2007....
- Knowledge of hepatitis among active drug injectors at a syringe exchange programJeanne Carey
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY 10003, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 29:47-53. 2005..Stronger linkages between health-care centers and SEPs, drug treatment programs, and other service delivery centers where IDUs are encountered may promote hepatitis education and vaccination...
- Hepatitis Care Coordination in Methadone TreatmentCarmen L Masson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings from this study would be of immense value to health policy planners and would inform the implementation of initiatives to improve hepatitis services targeted to drug users. ..