Genomes and Genes
Michael P Massett
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Strain-dependent differences in responses to exercise training in inbred and hybrid miceMichael P Massett
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 679, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R1006-13. 2005..Furthermore, the contrasting responses in B6F and FB6 F(1) strains show that a maternal component strongly influences strain-dependent differences in training responses...
- G-protein-coupled receptor kinase interacting protein-1 is required for pulmonary vascular developmentJinjiang Pang
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute and the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circulation 119:1524-32. 2009..However, there have been no in vivo studies of GIT1 function to date...
- Axl mediates vascular remodeling induced by deoxycorticosterone acetate-salt hypertensionVyacheslav A Korshunov
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hypertension 50:1057-62. 2007..Finally, increased vascular apoptosis in the Axl(-/-) DOCA mice suggests a likely mechanism for Axl-dependent effects on hypertension. These data strengthen the pathogenic role for Axl in salt-sensitive hypertension...
- GIT1 mediates HDAC5 activation by angiotensin II in vascular smooth muscle cellsJinjiang Pang
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute and the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:892-8. 2008..Here we investigated the hypothesis that Ang II-mediated vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) gene transcription involves GIT1-CamK II-dependent phosphorylation of HDAC5...
- Impaired vasorelaxation in inbred mice is associated with alterations in both nitric oxide and super oxide pathwaysChun Chen
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Vasc Res 44:504-12. 2007..In summary, relatively small alterations in redox (SOD-2) and NO pathways (eNOS and PKG) may contribute to significantly impaired vasorelaxation in SJL mice...
- Role of Angiotensin-converting enzyme and neutral endopeptidase in flow-dependent remodelingVyacheslav A Korshunov
Center for Cardiovascular Research and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Vasc Res 41:148-56. 2004..The results suggest that dual inhibition of NEP/ACE may have greater effects than ACE inhibition alone on vessel remodeling in hypertension...
- Different roles of PKC and MAP kinases in arteriolar constrictions to pressure and agonistsMichael P Massett
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H2282-7. 2002....