Affiliation: University of California
- Event-Related Theta Power during Lexical-Semantic Retrieval and Decision Conflict is Modulated by Alcohol Intoxication: Anatomically Constrained MEGKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego, CA, USA
Front Psychol 3:121. 2012....
- Spatio-temporal processing of words and nonwords: hemispheric laterality and acute alcohol intoxicationKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, 0841, La Jolla, CA 92093 0841, USA Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Brain Res 1558:18-32. 2014....
- Effects of acute alcohol intoxication on saccadic conflict and error processingKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive MC 0841, La Jolla, CA, 92093 0841, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 230:487-97. 2013..Neuroimaging studies indicate that the ACC is sensitive to acute intoxication during conflict, but such evidence is limited to tasks using manual responses with arbitrary response contingencies...
- Acute alcohol intoxication impairs top-down regulation of Stroop incongruity as revealed by blood oxygen level-dependent functional magnetic resonance imagingKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0841, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 33:319-33. 2012..The present results support models proposing that alcohol-induced prefrontal impairments diminish inhibitory control and are modulated by dispositional risk factors and levels of alcohol consumption...
- Alcoholism and dampened temporal limbic activation to emotional facesKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1880-92. 2009..Excessive chronic drinking is accompanied by a broad spectrum of emotional changes ranging from apathy and emotional flatness to deficits in comprehending emotional information, but their neural bases are poorly understood...
- Right hemisphere has the last laugh: neural dynamics of joke appreciationKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, 0841, La Jolla, CA 92093 0841, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 11:113-30. 2011....
- Processing stages underlying word recognition in the anteroventral temporal lobeEric Halgren
Multimodal Imaging Laboratory, Department of Radiology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0841, USA
Neuroimage 30:1401-13. 2006....
- Theta oscillations are sensitive to both early and late conflict processing stages: effects of alcohol intoxicationSanja Kovacevic
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43957. 2012....
- Frontal white matter and cingulum diffusion tensor imaging deficits in alcoholismGordon J Harris
Department of Neurology, Athinoula A Martinos Center, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:1001-13. 2008..In the present study, we examined the integrity of white matter tracts that are critical to frontal and limbic connectivity...
- Spatiotemporal maps of past-tense verb inflectionRupali P Dhond
Department of Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84105, USA
Neuroimage 19:91-100. 2003..Thus, the brain inflects verbs by dynamically modulating different functional divisions of an integrated language system...
- Sequential temporo-fronto-temporal activation during monitoring of the auditory environment for temporal patternsEric Halgren
Department of Radiology, Multimodal Imaging Laboratory, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 32:1260-76. 2011....
- Decoding word and category-specific spatiotemporal representations from MEG and EEGAlexander M Chan
Medical Engineering and Medical Physics, Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
Neuroimage 54:3028-39. 2011....
- Laminar profile of spontaneous and evoked theta: Rhythmic modulation of cortical processing during word integrationEric Halgren
Departments of Radiology and Neurosciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92069, USA Electronic address
Neuropsychologia 76:108-24. 2015....
- Decreased volume of the brain reward system in alcoholismNikos Makris
Athinoula A Martinos Center, Harvard Medical School Department of Neurology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:192-202. 2008..We examined whether reward-network brain volumes are reduced in alcoholics and how volumes of subcomponents within this system are correlated with memory and drinking history...
- N400-like magnetoencephalography responses modulated by semantic context, word frequency, and lexical class in sentencesEric Halgren
MGH NMR Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neuroimage 17:1101-16. 2002..These results help identify a distributed cortical network that supports online semantic processing...
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of word processing in the human cortexKsenija Marinkovic
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
Neuroscientist 10:142-52. 2004..Because the same areas may participate in multiple stages of semantic or syntactic processing, it is crucial to consider both spatial and temporal aspects of their interactions to appreciate how the brain understands words...
- Effects of alcohol on verbal processing: an event-related potential studyKsenija Marinkovic
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:415-23. 2004..Using event-related potentials (ERP) and a word-recognition paradigm, this study investigated the effects of alcohol intoxication on prelexical, semantic, and mnemonic aspects of verbal processing...
- Oscillatory spatial profile of alcohol's effects on the resting state: anatomically-constrained MEGBurke Q Rosen
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, MC 0841, La Jolla, CA 92093 0841, USA
Alcohol 48:89-97. 2014..Application of this methodology to cohorts of chronic alcoholics or individuals at risk could potentially provide insight into the neural basis of oscillatory differences that may be predictive of the vulnerability to alcoholism. ..
- Alcohol: effects on neurobehavioral functions and the brainMarlene Oscar-Berman
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Boston University School of Medicine, L 815, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Neuropsychol Rev 17:239-57. 2007..In that way, relevant experimental techniques can be applied to assist in determining the degree to which abstinence and treatment contribute to the reversal of atrophy and dysfunction...