Frank I Marcus
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Alternate-day dosing with statinsFrank I Marcus
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Med 126:99-104. 2013..It is possible that the adverse effects of statins, such as myalgia or diabetes, may be related to the cumulative amount of drug ingested over time, and if so, the adverse effects may be decreased by alternate-day dosing...
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia clinical presentation and diagnostic evaluation: results from the North American Multidisciplinary StudyFrank I Marcus
Section of Cardiology, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85724 0001, USA
Heart Rhythm 6:984-92. 2009..Data on the diagnostic performance of various testing modalities in newly identified individuals suspected of having ARVC/D are limited...
- The electrocardiogram in right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia. How can the electrocardiogram assist in understanding the pathologic and functional changes of the heart in this disease?Frank I Marcus
Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Electrocardiol 42:136.e1-5. 2009..The extent of ECG abnormalities correlate with the degree of structural change in the RV...
- Diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: proposed modification of the Task Force CriteriaFrank I Marcus
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Eur Heart J 31:806-14. 2010..Consequently, the 1994 criteria were highly specific but lacked sensitivity for early and familial disease...
- Right ventricular volume analysis by angiography in right ventricular cardiomyopathyJulia H Indik
Sarver Heart Center, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 5037, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 28:995-1001. 2012..End-diastolic volumes and ejection fractions of the RV obtained by dual view angiography correlate with these quantities by MRI. RV end-diastolic volumes are larger by RV angiography in comparison with MRI...
- Diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: proposed modification of the task force criteriaFrank I Marcus
University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz, USA
Circulation 121:1533-41. 2010..Consequently, the 1994 criteria were highly specific but lacked sensitivity for early and familial disease...
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy 2012: diagnostic challenges and treatmentFrank I Marcus
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:1149-53. 2012..Recent results of treatment with epicardial ablation are encouraging...
- Quantitative assessment of angiographic right ventricular wall motion in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy (ARVD/C)Julia H Indik
Section of Cardiology, Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5037, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:39-45. 2008..The purpose of this study was to quantify RV wall motion based on contrast ventriculography in patients with ARVD/C and to specify the severity and location of wall motion abnormalities, as compared with normal subjects...
- Correlation of ventricular arrhythmias with genotype in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyJingru Bao
Arrhythmia Center and Clinical EP Lab, Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, and Hypertension Center, State Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Diseases, National Center for Cardiovascular Disease, Fuwai Hospital, Peking Union Medical College Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China and University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 6:552-6. 2013..This study was aimed to examine the possible association of the 9 known genes of ARVC with clinical and electrophysiological characteristics...
- Cardiac sarcoidosis masquerading as right ventricular dysplasiaPeter Ott
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1498-503. 2003..A diagnostic distinction, while often difficult to make, is important since treatment with corticosteroids may benefit those with sarcoidosis but is not expected to be useful in cases with ARVD or ARVC...
- Do patients with right ventricular outflow tract ventricular arrhythmias have a normal right ventricular wall motion? A quantitative analysis compared to normal subjectsJulia H Indik
Section of Cardiology, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ 85724 5037, USA
Cardiology 104:10-5. 2005..This is usually based on a qualitative assessment of the wall motion. We present a method to quantify the wall motion and to apply this method to compare patients with RVOT ectopy to normal subjects...
- Interleaved acquisition of lipid and water images of the heart using a double-inversion fast spin-echo methodMaria I Altbach
Department of Radiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:1562-8. 2005..The method is demonstrated in ex vivo tissue and in vivo. This novel method may improve the detection of lipid infiltration in the heart in pathologies such as arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia...
- Idiopathic Brugada-type electrocardiographic pattern in an octogenarianMing He Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Arizona Medical Center, Sarver Heart Center, College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Electrocardiol 37:109-11. 2004..We report a case of an 85-year-old man who had persistent Brugada-type ECG pattern without associated clinical symptoms. This illustrates that the persistent Brugada-type ECG can be present with normal longevity...
- Accelerometer-derived time intervals during various pacing modes in patients with biventricular pacemakers: comparison with normalsFrank I Marcus
University Medical Center, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:1476-81. 2007..This study evaluates a simple noninvasive method using accelerometers attached to the skin to measure cardiac time intervals in biventricularly paced patients...
- Evaluation of the normal values for signal-averaged electrocardiogramFrank I Marcus
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:231-3. 2007
- Genetics of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy: a practical guide for physiciansFrank I Marcus
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5037, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:1945-8. 2013..If the affected family member (proband) with ARVC does not have a genetic defect identified, then it will not be identified in the family member. Genetic counseling is strongly advised for family members of the proband...
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: a case report of identical twins with heart failureJulia H Indik
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson 85724 5037, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:1387-90. 2002..This case report describes identical adolescent twins with presenting symptoms related predominantly to right heart failure...
- Depolarization/repolarization, electrocardiographic abnormalities, and arrhythmias in cardiac channelopathiesFrank I Marcus
Sarver Heart Center, Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 85724 5037, USA
J Electrocardiol 38:60-3. 2005....
- Atrial myxomas in the elderly: a case report and review of the literatureAlejandro Vasquez
University of Arizona, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 13:39-44. 2004....
- Electrocardiographic markers of sudden deathPeter Ott
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Cardiol Clin 24:453-69, x. 2006..However, it is quite useful in diagnosing less common cardiac conditions that are associated with an increased risk for sudden death...
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasiaJulia H Indik
Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5037, USA
Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 3:148-56. 2003..Concern for the risk of sudden cardiac death may lead to the implantation of an intracardiac defibrillator. An ongoing multicenter international registry should further our understanding of this disease...
- Postural position and neurocardiogenic syncope in late pregnancyMing He Huang
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, University of Arizona Medical Center, Sarver Heart Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:1252-3. 2003..Syncopal events occurred in the same sitting position. An echocardiogram revealed severe collapse of the inferior vena cava each time the patient changed her posture from a supine to a sitting position, which was related to the syncope...
- Psychological stress preceding idiopathic ventricular fibrillationRichard D Lane
Department of Psychiatry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5002, USA
Psychosom Med 67:359-65. 2005..This study sought to determine the role of psychosocial stress as a precipitant of cardiac arrest in patients with apparently normal hearts, so-called idiopathic ventricular fibrillation (IVF)...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Ventricular fibrillation during swimming in a patient with long-QT syndromePeter Ott
University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Circulation 106:521-2. 2002
- Update of arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasiaFrank I Marcus
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724 5037, USA
Card Electrophysiol Rev 6:54-6. 2002
- Prevalence of T-wave inversion beyond V1 in young normal individuals and usefulness for the diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasiaFrank I Marcus
Am J Cardiol 95:1070-1. 2005....
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia masquerading as peripartum cardiomyopathy with atrial flutter, advanced atrioventricular block and embolic strokeCharles Y Lui
Cardiology 97:49-50. 2002
- Controversial role of magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasiaHarikrishna Tandri
Am J Cardiol 92:649. 2003
- Clinical features of arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy associated with mutations in plakophilin-2Darshan Dalal
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Circulation 113:1641-9. 2006..The purpose of our study was to validate the frequency of PKP2 mutations in another large series of ARVD/C patients and to examine the phenotypic characteristics associated with PKP2 mutations...
- Perpetuation of the myth of the Q-wave versus the non-Q-wave myocardial infarctionBrendan P Phibbs
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:556-8. 2002
- Multidisciplinary Study of Right Ventricular DysplasiaFrank Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2005..This integrated research grant proposal offers a substantial prospect of expanding the fund of clinical knowledge regarding ARVD and of localizing the gene(s) responsible for this disorder. ..
- Update and modification of Task Force Criteria for ARVD/CFrank Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2007..null ..