Robert E Malone
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- The signal from the initiation of meiotic recombination to the first division of meiosisRobert E Malone
Department of Biological Sciences and Program in Genetics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Eukaryot Cell 3:598-609. 2004..Finally, at least one of the targets of the recombination initiation signal is the NDT80 gene, a transcriptional regulator of middle meiotic gene expression required for the first division...
- Tethering recombination initiation proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae promotes double strand break formationDemelza R Koehn
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1324
Genetics 182:447-58. 2009..Our results suggest there may be several ways that the recombination initiation proteins can associate to form a functional initiation complex that can create DSBs...
- A test of the CoHR motif associated with meiotic double-strand breaks in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeStuart J Haring
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, 204 Biology Building East, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
EMBO Rep 5:41-6. 2004..In cases where the deletion of sequences containing the CoHR motif has been shown to reduce recombination, we propose that it may be a reflection of the location of the deletion, rather than the loss of CoHR, per se...
- Phylogenetic footprinting reveals multiple regulatory elements involved in control of the meiotic recombination gene, REC102Kai Jiao
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Yeast 19:99-114. 2002..The data in this paper support the use of phylogenetic comparisions as a method for determining important sequences in complex promoters...
- Properties of natural double-strand-break sites at a recombination hotspot in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeStuart J Haring
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Genetics 165:101-14. 2003..These small deletions significantly affect the frequency of DSB formation at the sites, indicating that the DNA sequence located at a DSB site can play an important role in recombination initiation...