Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Are primary care physicians ready to practice in a consumer-driven environment?Giridhar Mallya
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:661-8. 2008..To evaluate physicians' readiness to care for patients enrolled in consumer-directed health plans (CDHPs), which change the nature of cost sharing and medical decision making in primary care...
- Home smoking policies in urban households with children and smokersAmy Bleakley
Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, 202 S 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 62:30-4. 2014..We identified household, child, and demographic characteristics associated with not having a smoking ban and having a rule about smoking in the presence of children in an urban population...
- Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption by Adult Caregivers and Their Children: The Role of Drink Features and Advertising ExposureMichael Hennessy
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Health Educ Behav 42:677-86. 2015..To examine how parents' beliefs about beverage attributes and exposure to sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) advertising are associated with parents' and their children's SSB consumption...
- Instituting a smoke-free policy for city recreation centers and playgrounds, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2010Raymond Leung
City of Philadelphia, Department of Public Health, 1401 JFK Blvd, Rm 600, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E116. 2013..In this article, we describe our experience in making City of Philadelphia recreation centers and playgrounds smoke-free...
- The impact of consumer-directed health plans and patient socioeconomic status on physician recommendations for colorectal cancer screeningCraig Evan Pollack
The Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1595-601. 2008..Consumer-directed health plans are increasingly common, yet little is known about their impact on physician decision-making and preventive service use...
- The effect of household smoking bans on household smokingMichael Hennessy
Michael Hennessy, Amy Bleakley, and Daniel Romer are with the Annenberg Public Policy Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Giridhar Mallya is with the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA
Am J Public Health 104:721-7. 2014....
- Community-generated recommendations regarding the urban nutrition and tobacco environments: a photo-elicitation study in PhiladelphiaElizabeth A Fitzgerald
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E98. 2013..The objective of this assessment was to identify residents' perspectives on threats to health and opportunities for change in the local food and tobacco environments...