Affiliation: University of Arizona
- IMPACT--Integrative Medicine PrimAry Care Trial: protocol for a comparative effectiveness study of the clinical and cost outcomes of an integrative primary care clinic modelPatricia M Herman
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:132. 2014..This may in part be due to the methodological challenges inherent in evaluating a complex intervention (i.e., many interacting components applied flexibly and with tailoring) such as IM...
- Integrative medicine and patient-centered careVictoria Maizes
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Explore (NY) 5:277-89. 2009..For integrative medicine to flourish in the United States, new providers, new provider models, and a realignment of incentives and a commitment to health promotion and disease management will be required...
- The integrative family medicine program: an innovation in residency educationVictoria Maizes
Program in Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Acad Med 81:583-9. 2006..The Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education Family Medicine residency review committee has awarded the pilot experimental status...
- Integrative medicine and systemic outcomes research: issues in the emergence of a new model for primary health careIris R Bell
Program in Integrative Medicine, The University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:133-40. 2002..The systemic outcomes encompass the simultaneous, interactive changes within the whole person...
- Pediatric Integrative Medicine in Residency (PIMR): Description of a New Online Educational CurriculumHilary McClafferty
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Children (Basel) 2:98-107. 2015..Residents had minimal prior IM exposure, yet expressed strong interest in IM education. PIMR training site surveys identified both strengths and areas needing further development to support successful PIMR program implementation. ..
- The evolution of integrative medical education: the influence of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative MedicineVictoria Maizes
College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5017, USA
J Integr Med 13:356-62. 2015..This review describes the evolution of IM education and will be helpful to academic centers, health care institutions, and countries seeking to introduce IM initiatives. ..
- Increasing resident recruitment into family medicine: effect of a unique curriculum in integrative medicinePatricia Lebensohn
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ Electronic address
Explore (NY) 10:187-92. 2014..A major potential benefit of the IMR program is enhanced recruitment into participating residencies, which is reported here...
- Integrative medical education: development and implementation of a comprehensive curriculum at the University of ArizonaVictoria Maizes
Program in Integrative Medicine and Department of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, 85724 5153, USA
Acad Med 77:851-60. 2002..The paper describes the PIM curriculum, educational programs, clinical education, goals, and results. Future strategies for assessing competency and credentialing professionals are suggested...