K S Madden
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Sympathetic neural-immune interactions regulate hematopoiesis, thermoregulation and inflammation in mammalsKelley S Madden
Department of Biomedical Engineering, RC Box 270168, Goergen Hall, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA Electronic address
Dev Comp Immunol 66:92-97. 2017....
- The antidepressant desipramine and α2-adrenergic receptor activation promote breast tumor progression in association with altered collagen structureMercedes J Szpunar
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester Medical Center, Goergen Hall, RC Box 270168, Rochester, NY 14627
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:1262-72. 2013....
- Early impact of social isolation and breast tumor progression in miceKelley S Madden
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Brain Behav Immun 30:S135-41. 2013..Studies are underway to define the neuroendocrine mechanisms underlying the tumor-promoting effects of social isolation, and to determine the contributions of increased tumor macrophages to tumor pathogenesis...
- Alterations in T lymphocyte activity following chemical sympathectomy in young and old Fischer 344 ratsK S Madden
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy and the Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642, USA
J Neuroimmunol 103:131-45. 2000..Further study of sympathetic neural-immune interactions in the aged rat may provide a means to improve T cell responsiveness in aging...
- One-trial conditioning of the antibody response to hen egg lysozyme in ratsK S Madden
Center for Psychoneuroimmunology Research, Departments of Psychiatry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY, USA
J Neuroimmunol 113:236-9. 2001..These results confirm previous findings that a single exposure to a CS associated with immunization is sufficient to elicit an antibody response upon subsequent reexposure to the CS in the absence of exogenous antigen...
- Beta-adrenoceptor blockade alters thymocyte differentiation in aged miceK S Madden
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy and the Center for Psychoneuroimmunology Research, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 47:189-96. 2001..Pharmacological manipulation of NA innervation may provide a novel means of increasing naive T-cell output and improving T-cell reactivity to novel antigens with age...
- Catecholamines, sympathetic innervation, and immunityKelley S Madden
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Psychoneuroimmunology Research, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642, USA
Brain Behav Immun 17:S5-10. 2003
- β-Adrenergic receptors (β-AR) regulate VEGF and IL-6 production by divergent pathways in high β-AR-expressing breast cancer cell linesKelley S Madden
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester Medical Center, Goergen Hall, RC Box 270168, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 130:747-58. 2011..The complexity of breast cancer cell β-AR expression and functional responses must be taken into account when considering β-AR as a therapeutic target for breast cancer treatment...
- Effects of L-deprenyl treatment on noradrenergic innervation and immune reactivity in lymphoid organs of young F344 ratsS Thyagarajan
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642, USA
J Neuroimmunol 96:57-65. 1999..These results suggest that deprenyl has sympathomimetic action on sympathetic NA nerve fibers in the spleen; the enhancement of NA neuronal activity may contribute to the modulation of immune responses in the spleen...
- Aging and sympathetic modulation of immune function in Fischer 344 rats: effects of chemical sympathectomy on primary antibody responseDenise L Bellinger
Department of Pathology and Human Anatomy, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, 11021 Campus Street, AH 325, Loma Linda, CA 92350, United States
J Neuroimmunol 165:21-32. 2005..Thus, the SNS can inhibit antibody produced in response to a protein antigen in both young and old F344 rats...