Robert J Maciunas
Affiliation: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Prospective randomized double-blind trial of bilateral thalamic deep brain stimulation in adults with Tourette syndromeRobert J Maciunas
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosurg 107:1004-14. 2007..In some patients, however, TS progresses into adulthood, and proves to be medically refractory. The authors conducted a prospective double-blind crossover trial of bilateral thalamic deep brain stimulation (DBS) in five adults with TS...
- Modeling video tic counts in a crossover trial of deep brain stimulation for Tourette syndromeJeffrey M Albert
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 30:141-9. 2009..Lastly, the bias of estimated treatment effects based on the reduced data collection was evaluated, and the particular five-segment subsets with the smallest estimated bias were determined...
- Medically intractable seizures originating from the primary somatosensory hand areaMohamad Z Koubeissi
Department of Neurology, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5040, USA
Epileptic Disord 10:339-48. 2008..Multiple subpial transections of that area are sometimes performed to minimize functional deficits, but seizure control may be less optimal than with cortical resection...
- Requirement of longitudinal synchrony of epileptiform discharges in the hippocampus for seizure generation: a pilot studyShuichi C Umeoka
Epilepsy Center, University Hospitals Neurological Institute, Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5040, USA
J Neurosurg 116:513-24. 2012..The goal in this study was to assess the role of longitudinal hippocampal circuits in the generation of interictal and ictal activity in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE) and to evaluate the effects of multiple hippocampal transections (MHT)...
- Patient selection and assessment recommendations for deep brain stimulation in Tourette syndromeDavid E Riley
Mov Disord 22:1366; author reply 1367-8. 2007