J D Mabrey
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Development of a virtual reality arthroscopic knee simulatorJ D Mabrey
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Task Force on Virtual Reality, Rosemont, IL 60018 4262, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 70:192-4. 2000..A prototype has demonstrated the feasibility of the system and work on the first, fully functional simulator will begin soon...
- Virtual reality simulation of arthroscopy of the kneeJay D Mabrey
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Council on Education Task Force on Virtual Reality, USA
Arthroscopy 18:E28. 2002..Task-oriented programs monitor specific performance such as executing a proper examination of the knee or shaving a torn meniscus...
- Changes in the fracture toughness of bone may not be reflected in its mineral density, porosity, and tensile propertiesX D Wang
Department of Orthopaedics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78284 7774, USA
Bone 23:67-72. 1998..The results of this study indicate that changes in bone fracture toughness may not be necessarily reflected in its mineral density, porosity, elastic modulus, yield strength, and ultimate strength...
- An interspecies comparison of bone fracture propertiesX Wang
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284 7774, USA
Biomed Mater Eng 8:1-9. 1998..This interspecies comparison facilitates a better understanding of animal models and suitable use of the animal models in future bone fracture studies...
- The effect of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene wear debris on MG63 osteosarcoma cells in vitroD D Dean
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78284 7774, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 81:452-61. 1999..Focal osteolysis due to ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene wear debris involves effects on both bone resorption and bone formation...
- Arthroscopy of the hip joint: an overviewKathy Kinnaman
North Texas Orthopaedic Specialists, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Orthop Nurs 25:93-7; quiz 98-9. 2006..This article provides a comprehensive overview of hip arthroscopy and also addresses the anatomy of the hip, appropriate diagnoses for the procedure, operative considerations and postoperative teaching...
- The electronic medical office: optimizing solutionsIra H Kirschenbaum
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York, USA
Instr Course Lect 57:737-45. 2008..The development of a comprehensive electronic medical office is a powerful and probably necessary tool to successfully manage such information and achieve the goals of an effective and safe orthopaedic practice...