Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Altering electromyography studies: importance of the electromyographer's perception of patient painZachary N London
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 95:39-42. 2014..To determine the relation between the patient's actual pain, the electromyographer's perception of patient pain, and whether an electromyogram (EMG) is altered...
- Education Research: unsatisfactory NEX rating correlations: searching for the reasonsZachary London
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neurology 80:e142-5. 2013....
- The risk of hematoma following extensive electromyography of the lumbar paraspinal musclesZachary London
Department of Neurology, The University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Muscle Nerve 46:26-30. 2012..The purpose of this study is to provide a controlled trial looking at the risk of paraspinal hematoma formation following extensive paraspinal muscle electromyography...
- Symmetry of paraspinal muscle denervation in clinical lumbar spinal stenosis: support for a hypothesis of posterior primary ramus stretching?Andrew J Haig
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan, 325 East Eisenhower, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Muscle Nerve 48:198-203. 2013..Denervation of the paraspinal muscles in spinal disorders is frequently attributed to radiculopathy. Therefore, patients with lumbar spinal stenosis causing asymmetrical symptoms should have asymmetrical paraspinal denervation...
- Patient perception of pain versus observed pain behavior during a standardized electrodiagnostic testJosh Verson
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The University of Michigan, 325 E Eisenhower, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48108, USA
Muscle Nerve 51:185-91. 2015..Clinicians often assume that observations of pain behavior are adequate for assessment of patient pain perception during procedures. This has not been tested during a standardized electrodiagnostic experience...