Genomes and Genes
STEVEN MONROE LIPKIN
Affiliation: University of California
- Novel roles for MLH3 deficiency and TLE6-like amplification in DNA mismatch repair-deficient gastrointestinal tumorigenesis and progressionPeng Chieh Chen
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
PLoS Genet 4:e1000092. 2008....
- Kinetics of cancer: a method to test hypotheses of genetic causationSteven A Frank
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2525, USA
BMC Cancer 5:163. 2005..We use our method to demonstrate a clear association between somatic mutation rates of different DNA mismatch repair (MMR) genotypes and the kinetics of cancer progression...
- Meiotic arrest and aneuploidy in MLH3-deficient miceSteven M Lipkin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Nat Genet 31:385-90. 2002..Mlh3(-/-) spermatocytes reach metaphase before succumbing to apoptosis, but oocytes fail to complete meiosis I after fertilization. Our results show that Mlh3 has an essential and distinct role in mammalian meiosis...
- Familial colorectal cancer syndrome XSteven M Lipkin
Cancer Genetics Clinic, Chao Family NCI Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4038, USA
Semin Oncol 34:425-7. 2007....
- The MLH1 D132H variant is associated with susceptibility to sporadic colorectal cancerSteven M Lipkin
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Nat Genet 36:694-9. 2004..These studies suggest that variants of mismatch repair proteins with attenuated function may account for a higher proportion of susceptibility to sporadic microsatellite-stable CRC than previously assumed...
- Contributions by MutL homologues Mlh3 and Pms2 to DNA mismatch repair and tumor suppression in the mousePeng Chieh Chen
Department of Medicine and Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Cancer Res 65:8662-70. 2005....
- Localization of MMR proteins on meiotic chromosomes in mice indicates distinct functions during prophase INadine K Kolas
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cell Biol 171:447-58. 2005....
- Effects of socioeconomic status and treatment disparities in colorectal cancer survivalHoa Le
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Medicine, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1950-62. 2008..We set out to determine this using data from the large, population-based California Cancer Registry database...
- Genetic testing to identify high-risk populations for chemoprevention studiesJonathan L Velasquez
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cancer Biomark 3:163-8. 2007....
- Epigenetic repression of DNA mismatch repair by inflammation and hypoxia in inflammatory bowel disease-associated colorectal cancerRobert A Edwards
Department of Pathology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4800, USA
Cancer Res 69:6423-9. 2009..These data link chronic hypoxic inflammation, epigenetic MMR protein down-regulation, development of MMR-deficient colorectal cancer, and the firstmouse model of somatically acquired MMR-deficient colorectal cancer...
- Race, socioeconomic status, treatment, and survival time among pancreatic cancer cases in CaliforniaJason A Zell
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:546-52. 2007..We set out to determine this using the large, population-based California Cancer Registry (CCR) database as a model...
- Molecular models for the tissue specificity of DNA mismatch repair-deficient carcinogenesisElizabeth C Chao
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California Irvine, CA 92697 4038, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:840-52. 2006....
- CDX2 polymorphisms, RNA expression, and risk of colorectal cancerLaura S Rozek
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0638, USA
Cancer Res 65:5488-92. 2005....
- A population-based, descriptive analysis of malignant intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreasHoa Le
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2737-41. 2008..We set out to do a population-based analysis of malignant IPMNs compared with other pancreatic subtypes to better delineate its characteristics and explore implications for prevention and management...
- Genetic variation in 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase modifies the chemopreventive activity of statins for colorectal cancerSteven M Lipkin
Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell School of Medicine, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:597-603. 2010..We anticipate that these data may advance the development of personalized statin use for reducing the risk of cancer as well as cardiovascular disease among the approximately 25 million people currently using statins worldwide...
- What are SNPs and haplotypes and how will they help us manage the prevention of adult cancer?Jonathan L Velasquez
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, Irvine, 839 Medical Sciences Court, 2nd Floor, Sprague Hall Lab 250, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 7:475-9. 2005....
- Expression of the MutL homologue hMLH3 in human cells and its role in DNA mismatch repairElda Cannavo
Institute of Molecular Cancer Research, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Res 65:10759-66. 2005..If hMLH3 participates in MMR in vivo, its partial redundancy with hPMS2, coupled with the fluctuating expression levels of hMLH3, may help explain the low penetrance of hPMS2 mutations in hereditary nonpolyposis colon cancer families...
- Accurate classification of MLH1/MSH2 missense variants with multivariate analysis of protein polymorphisms-mismatch repair (MAPP-MMR)Elizabeth C Chao
Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Hum Mutat 29:852-60. 2008..MAPP-MMR is an effective bioinformatic tool for missense variant interpretation that accurately distinguishes MLH1/MSH2 deleterious variants from neutral variants...
- Survival of distinct Asian groups among colorectal cancer cases in CaliforniaHoa Le
Division of Hematology Oncology, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Cancer 115:259-70. 2009..In the current study, the authors attempted to determine differences using data from the large, population-based California Cancer Registry (CCR)...
- Disruption of Paneth and goblet cell homeostasis and increased endoplasmic reticulum stress in Agr2-/- miceFang Zhao
Department of Medicine and Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Dev Biol 338:270-9. 2010..These studies implicate Agr2 in intestinal homeostasis and ER stress and suggest a role in the etiology of inflammatory bowel disease...
- NOTCH signaling is required for formation and self-renewal of tumor-initiating cells and for repression of secretory cell differentiation in colon cancerShaheen S Sikandar
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Cancer Res 70:1469-78. 2010..Our findings describe a novel human cell system to study NOTCH signaling in CRC tumor initiation and suggest that inhibition of NOTCH signaling may improve CRC chemoprevention and chemotherapy...
- Identification and characterization of Grainyhead-like epithelial transactivator (GET-1), a novel mammalian Grainyhead-like factorElena I Kudryavtseva
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Dev Dyn 226:604-17. 2003..These data suggest that GET-1 is a transcriptional regulator that may perform important functions in epithelial tissues of mammals...
- Family with acute myelocytic leukemia, breast, ovarian, and gastrointestinal cancerHenry T Lynch
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Creighton University School of Medicine, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 137:8-14. 2002..However, two family members affected with AML exhibited abnormal acquired clones in their bone marrow specimens by both G-band studies and interphase FISH, both with a deletion of 5q...
- Impaired placental trophoblast lineage differentiation in Alkbh1(-/-) miceZishu Pan
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Dev Dyn 237:316-27. 2008..Our study demonstrates Alkbh1 performs important functions in placental trophoblast lineage differentiation and participates in mechanisms of transcriptional regulation...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSES OF MLH3 NULL MICESteven Lipkin; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Hypomorphic Mismatch Repair Gene Mutations and Single Molecular MSI AnalysesSteven Lipkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..SPECIFIC AIM 2: To Test Single-Molecule MSI as a Validation Assay for Additional Predicted MLH1/MSH2 deleterious alleles in MSS CRCs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..