Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Sleep deprivation impairs object-selective attention: a view from the ventral visual cortexJulian Lim
Neuroscience and Behavioral Disorders Program, Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 5:e9087. 2010..Here, we evaluated the effects of SD on the top-down biasing of activation of ventral visual cortex and on functional connectivity between cognitive control and other brain regions...
- Reproducibility of changes in behaviour and fMRI activation associated with sleep deprivation in a working memory taskJulian Lim
Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore
Sleep 30:61-70. 2007..In this study, we assessed the reproducibility of fMRI activation and performance on a working memory task before and after 24 hours of sleep deprivation (SD)...
- A meta-analysis of the impact of short-term sleep deprivation on cognitive variablesJulian Lim
Division of Sleep and Chronobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 423 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychol Bull 136:375-89. 2010..The theoretical implications of these findings for the study of SD and cognition are discussed...
- Dopaminergic polymorphisms associated with time-on-task declines and fatigue in the Psychomotor Vigilance TestJulian Lim
Cognitive Science Lab, Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 7:e33767. 2012..Thus, these alleles may affect performance particularly when sustained dopamine release is necessary...
- The Effects of Varying Break Length on Attention and Time on TaskJulian Lim
Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore
Hum Factors 58:472-81. 2016..We aimed to discover how varying the length of task breaks would affect the time-on-task effect in subsequent testing periods...
- Assessing the benefits of napping and short rest breaks on processing speed in sleep-restricted adolescentsJulian Lim
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Duke NUS Medical School, Singapore, Singapore
J Sleep Res . 2017..These data add to the growing body of evidence showing the importance of sleep for good cognitive functioning in adolescents, and suggest that more frequent rest breaks might be important in situations where sleep loss is unavoidable...
- Discriminative analysis of brain functional connectivity patterns for mental fatigue classificationYu Sun
Singapore Institute for Neurotechnology SINAPSE, Centre for Life Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 117456, Singapore
Ann Biomed Eng 42:2084-94. 2014..Our method has potential applications in several domains, including traffic and industrial safety...