Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Arraying Autoantibodies in SLE - Lessons LearnedL Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Blvd ND6 504, Dallas, TX 75390 8814, USA
Curr Mol Med 15:456-61. 2015..In this article, we review different platforms for assaying autoantibodies in SLE, and highlight the use of autoantigen arrays as powerful tools for autoantibody exploration in SLE. ..
- Influence of carbon monoxide on growth and apoptosis of human umbilical artery smooth muscle cells and vein endothelial cellsYajuan Li
Laboratory of Disease Genomics and Individualized Medicine, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Int J Biol Sci 8:1431-46. 2012..Therefore, CO exerts a certain growth arrest on SMC and HuVEC by inhibiting cell cycle transition from G0/G1 phase to S phase and has regulatory effect on cell apoptosis by regulating the expression of apoptosis-associated genes...
- Elucidating a normal function of huntingtin by functional and microarray analysis of huntingtin-null mouse embryonic fibroblastsHua Zhang
Department of Physiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:38. 2008..Therefore, in addition to elucidating the mechanisms responsible for polyQ-mediated pathology, it is also important to understand the normal function of Htt protein for both basic biology and for HD...
- The balance of reproducibility, sensitivity, and specificity of lists of differentially expressed genes in microarray studiesLeming Shi
National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S10. 2008..The resultant variety of existing and emerging methods exacerbates confusion and continuing debate in the microarray community on the appropriate choice of methods for identifying reliable DEG lists...
- Risk factors for ANA positivity in healthy personsQuan Zhen Li
Department of Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas TX 75390 9093, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R38. 2011..We examined demographic and immunological features that are associated with ANA positivity in clinically healthy persons to develop insights into when this marker carries risk of progression to lupus...
- Interferon signature gene expression is correlated with autoantibody profiles in patients with incomplete lupus syndromesQ Z Li
Department of Immunology and Division of Rheumatic Diseases, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8884, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 159:281-91. 2010..Furthermore, high levels of alpha IFN may promote autoantibody class-switch from IgM to the more pathogenic IgG class...
- The lupus-susceptibility gene kallikrein downmodulates antibody-mediated glomerulonephritisQ Z Li
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Genes Immun 10:503-8. 2009..Sle3 congenics. Taken together with earlier studies, these findings indicate that kallikreins play an important protective role in autoantibody-initiated GN and could constitute potential candidate genes for anti-GBM-induced GN and SLN...
- Protein array autoantibody profiles for insights into systemic lupus erythematosus and incomplete lupus syndromesQ Z Li
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dalls, TX, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 147:60-70. 2007..Determining whether the IgM aurotreactivity that predominates in ILE represents an early stage prior to IgG switching or is persistent and relatively protective will require further longitudinal studies...
- Interferon regulatory factor-5 is genetically associated with systemic lupus erythematosus in African AmericansJ A Kelly
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Genes Immun 9:187-94. 2008..We conclude that genetic variants of IRF5 associate with SLE in multiple populations, providing evidence that IRF5 is likely to be a crucial component in SLE pathogenesis among multiple ethnic groups...
- Genetic association of interleukin-21 polymorphisms with systemic lupus erythematosusA H Sawalha
US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 67:458-61. 2008..The reported effect of IL-21 on B-cell differentiation into plasma cells and its effect on dendritic cell maturation and T-cell responses make IL-21 an attractive candidate gene for SLE...