Affiliation: University of Illinois
- Post-acute home care and hospital readmission of elderly patients with congestive heart failureHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
Health Soc Work 29:275-85. 2004..No evidence of service impact was found. Rather, hospital readmission was associated with a longer length of CHF history and noncompliance with medication regimes. Research, policy, and practice implications are discussed...
- Social support resources and post-acute recovery for older adults with major depressionHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1010 W Nevada Street, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:419-26. 2013..However, patients' psychosocial functioning was not related to social support resources assessed in this study. ..
- Life satisfaction of older Chinese adults living in rural communitiesHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1010 W Nevada, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 28:153-65. 2013..Research and policy implications of these findings are also discussed...
- Unmet service needs: a comparison between dementia and non-dementia caregiversHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 31:41-59. 2012..05). To address caregivers' unmet service needs more effectively, a comprehensive assessment of caregivers and their care receivers and interventions addressing the needs of both caregivers and care receivers are needed...
- Outpatient mental health service use by older adults after acute psychiatric hospitalizationHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1207 W Oregon, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 32:74-84. 2005..African American patients were more likely than whites to use day treatment programs. This may be related to the fact that most day treatment centers were located in areas where the majority of residents were African Americans...
- Barriers to and unmet needs for supportive services: experiences of Asian-American caregiversHong Li
Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1207 W Oregon, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Cross Cult Gerontol 19:241-60. 2004..Results from a negative binomial regression analysis showed that elderly persons' chronic conditions, caregivers' educational attainment, and levels of informal assistance were significantly related to unmet service needs...
- Involvement of informal and formal service providers: meeting the home care needs of older adults with severe functional impairmentsHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 25:167-83. 2006..Practice implications from these study findings for home care service providers are discussed...
- Unmet home care service needs of rural older adults with Alzheimer's disease: a perspective of informal caregiversHong Li
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 55:409-25. 2012..Patients' use of formal services was marginally related to their unmet service needs. To better address patients' service needs, a comprehensive needs assessment should be conducted with both patients and their caregivers...
- Increasing and decreasing motor and cognitive output: a model of general action and inaction goalsDOLORES ALBARRACIN
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 95:510-23. 2008..Specifically, these last 2 studies confirmed that participants were motivated to achieve active or inactive states and that attaining them decreased the effects of the primes on behavior...
- Perceived Need for Home- and Community-Based Services: Experiences of Urban Chinese Older Adults With Functional ImpairmentsHong Li
a Associate Professor, School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
J Aging Soc Policy . 2016..Implications for social service development are discussed...
- Factors related to Chinese older adults' suicidal thoughts and attemptsHong Li
a School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Aging Ment Health 20:752-61. 2016..Guided by the biopsychosocial framework and empirical evidence, this study examined protective and risk factors of older adults' suicidal thoughts and attempts during the previous month, 12 months, and 5 years...
- Identifying family care process themes in caring for their hospitalized eldersHong Li
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Appl Nurs Res 18:97-101. 2005..Understanding how family caregivers provide care can help nurses to work effectively with family caregivers to improve the outcomes of hospitalized elders...
- Hospitalized elders and family caregivers: a typology of family worryHong Li
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Clin Nurs 14:3-8. 2005..This qualitative study explored the kinds of worry that family caregivers experience when their older relatives are hospitalized...
- Risk of cerebrovascular events associated with antidepressant use in patients with depression: a population-based, nested case-control studyYan Chen
Research Associate of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, School of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:177-84. 2008..Given the widespread use of antidepressants and the negative consequence of cerebrovascular events (CVEs), an evaluation of the risk of CVEs associated with antidepressants is warranted...
- Treatment costs and health care utilization for patients with bipolar disorder in a large managed care populationJeff J Guo
College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Value Health 11:416-23. 2008....
- Treatment costs related to bipolar disorder and comorbid conditions among Medicaid patients with bipolar disorderJeff J Guo
Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy and the Institute for the Study of Health, University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center, 3225 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0004, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1073-8. 2007..This study assessed costs among patients with bipolar disorder for treatment related to bipolar disorder and to comorbid conditions. Risk factors associated with costs were also assessed...
- Nurses' perceived knowledge, beliefs, skills, and needs regarding evidence-based practice: implications for accelerating the paradigm shiftBernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Center for Research and Evidence Based Practice, University of Rochester School of Nursing, NY 14642, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:185-93. 2004..g., belief that EBP produces quality outcomes) that are correlated with the extent to which nurses engage in EBP...
- Review of intervention studies of families with hospitalized elderly relativesHong Li
University of Rochester, School of Nursing, Box SON, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:54-9. 2004....
- [An investigation of current situation of corneal donors action in Chongqing]Min Zhao
Department of Ophthalmology, First Teaching Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing Eye Bank, Chongqing 400016, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 39:422-6. 2003..To evaluate the current situation of corneal donors and possible way to improve the corneal donation program in the city of Chongqing...
- Creating avenues for relative empowerment (CARE): a pilot test of an intervention to improve outcomes of hospitalized elders and family caregiversHong Li
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Res Nurs Health 26:284-99. 2003..Findings from this study support the need for further testing of the CARE intervention with family caregivers to determine its effectiveness on outcomes of hospitalized elders and their family caregivers...
- Comorbid medical conditions among depressed elderly patients discharged home after acute psychiatric careEnola K Proctor
George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Center of Mental Health Services Research, Washington University, One Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1196, St Louis, MO, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 11:329-38. 2003..The authors examined physical illness among elderly patients hospitalized for treatment of major depression, the impact of comorbidity on functional status, and the burden of comorbidity on post-discharge service needs...
- Family caregivers' preferences in caring for their hospitalized elderly relativesHong Li
University of Rochester School of Nursing in Rochester, NY, USA
Geriatr Nurs 23:204-7. 2002..Future research will focus on identifying factors influencing family preferences, the relationship between the preferences and actual performance, and how nurses can help family caregivers participate in the care they desire...