David Wan Cheng Li
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Expression and activity of the signaling molecules for mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in human, bovine, and rat lensesDavid Wan Cheng Li
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, 801 16th Avenue NE, Austin, MN 55912, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:5277-86. 2003....
- Calcium-activated RAF/MEK/ERK signaling pathway mediates p53-dependent apoptosis and is abrogated by alpha B-crystallin through inhibition of RAS activationDavid Wan Cheng Li
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, MN 55912, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:4437-53. 2005..Together, our results provide 1) a partial explanation for the lack of spontaneous tumor in the lens, 2) a novel signaling pathway for calcium-induced apoptosis, and 3) a novel antiapoptotic mechanism for alphaB-crystallin...
- Human alphaA- and alphaB-crystallins prevent UVA-induced apoptosis through regulation of PKCalpha, RAF/MEK/ERK and AKT signaling pathwaysJin Ping Liu
The Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, 801 16th Avenue NE, Austin 55912, USA
Exp Eye Res 79:393-403. 2004..Together, our results for the first time reveal that by regulating multiple signaling pathways the two alpha-crystallins can prevent stress-induced apoptosis through different mechanisms...
- hTERT extends proliferative lifespan and prevents oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in human lens epithelial cellsXiao Qin Huang
College of Life Sciences, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2503-13. 2005..In this study, the human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) catalytic subunit was introduced into HLECs. A stable cell line expressing hTERT was established and the functions of hTERT were studied...
- Human Bcl-2 activates ERK signaling pathway to regulate activating protein-1, lens epithelium-derived growth factor and downstream genesHao Feng
College of Life Sciences, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, PR China
Oncogene 23:7310-21. 2004..Thus, our results provide a mechanism to explain how Bcl-2 may regulate expression of other genes...
- Human telomerase reverse transcriptase immortalizes bovine lens epithelial cells and suppresses differentiation through regulation of the ERK signaling pathwayJuan Wang
College of Life Sciences, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, China
J Biol Chem 280:22776-87. 2005..Our finding that hTERT can suppress RAS/RAF/MEK/ERK signaling pathway to prevent differentiation provides a novel mechanism to explain how hTERT regulates cell differentiation...
- Cataract mutation P20S of alphaB-crystallin impairs chaperone activity of alphaA-crystallin and induces apoptosis of human lens epithelial cellsHui Li
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of the Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Technology and Center for Human Genome Research, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, P R China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:303-9. 2008..These results suggest that the changes in the structure and function of the alpha-crystallin complex and cytotoxicity are vital factors in the pathogenesis of congenital cataract linked to the P20S mutation in the alphaB-crystallin...
- Apoptosis in lens development and pathologyQin Yan
College of Life Sciences, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan 410081, China
Differentiation 74:195-211. 2006..The present review summarizes the current knowledge on apoptosis in the ocular lens with emphasis on its role in lens development and pathology...
- Human telomerase accelerates growth of lens epithelial cells through regulation of the genes mediating RB/E2F pathwayHua Xiang
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey, NJ 08084, USA
Oncogene 21:3784-91. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest that hTERT, when overexpressed in human lens epithelial cells, accelerates cell growth rate through regulation of RB/E2F pathway and possibly other genes...
- Differential expression of the catalytic subunits for PP-1 and PP-2A and the regulatory subunits for PP-2A in mouse eyeWen Bin Liu
Key Laboratory of Protein Chemistry and Developmental Biology of National Education Ministry of China, College of Life Sciences, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Mol Vis 14:762-73. 2008..In addition, we have also demonstrated the differential protections of PP-1 and PP-2A in mouse lens epithelial cell line, alphaTN4-1, against oxidative stress-induced apoptosis...