Toby C Lewis
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Air pollution and respiratory symptoms among children with asthma: vulnerability by corticosteroid use and residence areaToby C Lewis
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5212, United States
Sci Total Environ 448:48-55. 2013..Information on how ambient air pollution affects susceptible populations is needed to ensure protective air quality standards...
- Air pollution-associated changes in lung function among asthmatic children in DetroitToby C Lewis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:1068-75. 2005..Our findings suggest that levels of air pollutants in Detroit, which are above the current National Ambient Air Quality Standards, adversely affect lung function of susceptible asthmatic children...
- Prevalence of asthma and chronic respiratory symptoms among Alaska Native childrenToby C Lewis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Chest 125:1665-73. 2004..To quantify the prevalence and impact of chronic respiratory symptoms among predominantly Alaska Native (AN)/American Indian (AI) middle school students...
- Identification of gaps in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood asthma using a community-based participatory research approachToby C Lewis
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Urban Health 81:472-88. 2004..These children are likely to benefit from interventions to reduce morbidity and improve quality of life...
- "I wouldn't look at it as stress": conceptualizations of caregiver stress among low-income families of children with asthmaNatalie R Sampson
Department of Health Behavior Health Education at the University of Michigan School of Public Health UM SPH, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 24:275-88. 2013..Findings encourage improvement of clinical, psychometric assessments used to measure and address stressors that shape health for many families with children with asthma...
- Evaluation of Community Action Against Asthma: a community health worker intervention to improve children's asthma-related health by reducing household environmental triggers for asthmaEdith A Parker
School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Health Educ Behav 35:376-95. 2008..The results suggest a CHW environmental intervention can improve children's asthma-related health, although the pathway for improvement is complex...
- Community action against asthma: examining the partnership process of a community-based participatory research projectEdith A Parker
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1420 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:558-67. 2003..Representatives of community-based organizations, academia, an integrated health system, and the local health department work in partnership on CAAA's Steering Committee (SC) to design and implement the project...
- Relationship between IgE and specific aeroallergen sensitivity in Alaskan native childrenGregory J Redding
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 97:209-15. 2006..The close association of atopy with IgE may not occur in subarctic populations as it does in developed countries in temperate climates...
- Community involvement in the conduct of a health education intervention and research project: Community Action Against AsthmaKatherine K Edgren
Community Action Against Asthma, Detroit, Michigan
Health Promot Pract 6:263-9. 2005..A description and analysis of how community members shaped and participated in the project, the lessons learned, and recommendations for practitioners are also presented...
- A life course perspective on stress and health among caregivers of children with asthma in DetroitNatalie R Sampson
Department of Health Behavior Health Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Fam Community Health 36:51-62. 2013..Applying a life course perspective, findings suggest that public health interventions should address family-level comorbidities, increase instrumental social support, and acknowledge practical coping mechanisms...
- Continuity of prescribers of short-acting beta agonists among children with asthmaKevin J Dombkowski
Child Health Evaluation and Research CHEAR Unit, Division of General Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0456, USA
J Pediatr 155:788-94. 2009..To determine whether short-acting beta-agonist (SABA) prescriber continuity was associated with emergency department visits among children with asthma...
- Parental management of asthma triggers within a child's environmentMichael D Cabana
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0456, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:352-7. 2004..Control of environmental precipitants of asthma is an important component of self-management...
- Hospital utilization and costs among children with influenza, 2003Fauziya Hassan
Division of Sleep Medicine, Child Health Evaluation and Research Unit, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5456, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:292-6. 2009..The objective of the current study was to characterize the national burden of influenza hospitalizations and to evaluate how hospital costs and length of stay varied among children diagnosed with influenza...
- Sequelae of severe respiratory syncytial virus infection in infancy and early childhood among Alaska Native childrenRosalyn J Singleton
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Arctic Investigations Program Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska 99508, USA
Pediatrics 112:285-90. 2003....
- Use of a respiratory clinical score among different providersLenna L Liu
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115 8160, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:243-8. 2004..By standardizing respiratory assessments, use of a clinical score may facilitate care coordination by physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists and thereby improve care of children hospitalized with asthma and bronchiolitis...
- Acute Effects of Diesel Exhaust in Asthmatic ChildrenToby Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..They will also investigate associations between exhaled hydrogen a biomarker of asthma activity, and diesel exhaust exposure. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..