Arnold H Levinson
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Community-based navigators for tobacco cessation treatment: a proof-of-concept pilot study among low-income smokersArnold H Levinson
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO, USA
BMC Public Health 15:627. 2015....
- Smoking cessation treatment preferences, intentions, and behaviors among a large sample of Colorado gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered smokersArnold H Levinson
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, University of Colorado Cancer Center, 13001 East 17th Place, Mail Stop F542, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:910-8. 2012..Little is known about preferences, intentions, and behaviors regarding evidence-based cessation treatment for smoking cessation among gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered (GLBT) adults...
- Reaching Spanish-speaking smokers: state-level evidence of untapped potential for QuitLine utilizationEmily K Burns
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Public Health 100:S165-710. 2010..We examined the effects of a Spanish-language media campaign on the reach and outcomes of a state-sponsored QuitLine among Latino smokers...
- Rates and reasons: disparities in low intentions to use a state smoking cessation quitlineEmily K Burns
Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Am J Health Promot 25:S59-65. 2011..Little is known about population-level rates and reasons for low intentions to call the quitline, a widely available evidence-based smoking cessation treatment...
- Factors in nonadherence to quitline services: smoker characteristics explain littleEmily K Burns
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:596-602. 2012..The current study explored the magnitude and correlates of quitline service abandonment...
- The Living Well by Faith Health and wellness program for African Americans: an exemplar of community-based participatory researchGaye Woods
University of Colorado Cancer Center, Cancer Prevention and Control, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Ethn Dis 23:223-9. 2013..Using community-based participatory research (CBPR) as a guiding framework, a faith-based diet, nutrition and physical activity intervention for African Americans was implemented and evaluated as a small-scale randomized trial...
- Discontinuation of nicotine replacement therapy among smoking-cessation attemptersEmily K Burns
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:212-5. 2008..Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) doubles successful quitting, but more than half of NRT users do not comply with optimal treatment regimens...
- Reduced NRT supplies through a quitline: smoking cessation differencesEmily K Burns
Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:845-9. 2010..The current study compares self-reported 7-day abstinence rates among light to moderate smokers (< or = 20 cigarettes per day [CPD]) when a state QL reduced NRT supplies from 8 to 4 weeks...
- Differences in smoking duration between Latinos and AnglosEmily K Burns
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:731-7. 2007..We conclude that highly acculturated Latino smokers may be at greater risk of cigarette disease and death related to longer duration of smoking associated with lower socioeconomic status...
- Reducing underage cigarette sales in an isolated community: the effect on adolescent cigarette suppliesArnold H Levinson
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, and University of Colorado AMC Cancer Center, 13001 East 17th Place, Mail Stop F542, P O Box 6508, Aurora, CO 80045 USA
Prev Med 45:447-53. 2007..The current study explored the practicality of preventing underage retail cigarette sales and the relationship to cigarette supplies among adolescents...
- Smoking, but not smokers: identity among college students who smoke cigarettesArnold H Levinson
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:845-52. 2007..Further research is needed to explore the psychosocial mechanisms involved with denier identity, to clarify the implications for public health communications, and to develop appropriate intervention strategies...
- Reduction in acute myocardial infarction hospitalization after implementation of a smoking ordinanceGerrit Bruintjes
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Aurora, USA
Am J Med 124:647-54. 2011..Smoking ordinances have been associated with reduced acute myocardial infarction rates, but nearly all studies lack patient-level data...
- Medicinal nicotine nonuse: smokers' rationales for past behavior and intentions to try medicinal nicotine in a future quit attemptMargaret Cook-Shimanek
Preventive Medicine Residency Program, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
Nicotine Tob Res 15:1926-33. 2013..Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is a proven smoking cessation treatment. Previous research has reported low rates of NRT use among quit attempters. This study analyzed population-level nonuse rates and reasons for not using NRT...
- Smoking cessation behaviors among persons with psychiatric diagnoses: results from a population-level state surveyChad D Morris
Behavioral Health and Wellness Program, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Department of Psychiatry, Campus Box F478, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 136:63-8. 2014..Intentions to quit are known to be high in this population, but population-level cessation behaviors and attitudes by mental health (MH) diagnosis are not well known...