Ruth E Levine
Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Team-based learning for psychiatry residents: a mixed methods studyIsabel McMullen
Liaison Psychiatry, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Guys Hospital, Weston Street, London SE1 9RT, UK
BMC Med Educ 13:124. 2013..The aims of this study were to examine the impact of TBL in a sample of psychiatrists in terms of classroom engagement, attitudes towards teamwork, learner views and experiences of TBL...
- Peer evaluation in a clinical clerkship: students' attitudes, experiences, and correlations with traditional assessmentsRuth E Levine
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:19-24. 2007....
- An evaluation of depressed mood in two classes of medical studentsRuth E Levine
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Route 0193, Galveston, Texas 77555 0193, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:235-7. 2006..To assess depression rates in contemporary medical students...
- Usage of the National Board of Medical Examiners Subject Test in Psychiatry by U.S. and Canadian clerkshipsRuth E Levine
University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of Psychiatry, 301 University Blvd, Route 0193, Galveston, TX 77555 0193, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:52-7. 2005..The authors explored psychiatry clerkship usage of the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Subject Test...
- Complications associated with surveying medical student depression: the importance of anonymityRuth E Levine
The University of Texas Medical Branch, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Rebecca Sealy Room 6 220, Galveston, TX 77555 0193, USA
Acad Psychiatry 27:12-8. 2003..To evaluate students' attitudes and concerns regarding potential repercussions of completing the Beck Depression Inventory (BDI)...
- Transforming a clinical clerkship with team learningRuth E Levine
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77755 0193, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:270-5. 2004..The main goal was to increase classroom engagement and improve educational outcomes...
- Psychiatry clerkship students' preparation, reflection, and results on the NBME Psychiatry Subject ExamGregory W Briscoe
Department of Psychiatry, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Acad Psychiatry 33:120-4. 2009..The authors investigate the reading materials and learning methods used by clinical clerks in their preparation for the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Psychiatry Subject Exam (PSE)...
- The "shrinking" clerkship: characteristics and length of clerkships in psychiatry undergraduate educationRenate H Rosenthal
Department of Psychiatry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 135 North Pauline, 6th Floor, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:47-51. 2005..The authors explored the time that is currently devoted to psychiatry clerkships to determine whether "shortened" clerkships differ in course director satisfaction and evaluation strategies...
- Clinical grading in psychiatric clerkshipsGregory W Briscoe
Department of Psychiatry, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:104-9. 2006..S. psychiatry clerkship students, yet the topic is understudied. The authors aimed to learn more about the nature, perceived virtues, and deficiencies of the clinical grade evaluation...
- Anxiety symptoms during pregnancy and postpartumCarmen Radecki Breitkopf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 3 108 John Sealy Annex, Route 0587, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0587, USA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 27:157-62. 2006..Comparatively low anxiety and depressive symptoms were observed among women who were 2-8 weeks postpartum. Anxiety symptoms that occur postpartum may not appear until later in the postpartum period...
- Team-based learning in an undergraduate nursing courseMichele C Clark
School of Nursing, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Nurs Educ 47:111-7. 2008..Findings demonstrated that team-based learning is an effective teaching strategy for large groups of students...
- Recruiting and rewarding faculty for medical student teachingLinda F Pessar
Erie County Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, 462 Grider Street, Buffalo, New York, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:126-9. 2006..To address this challenge, the authors recommend a multifactorial approach to meeting the medical student educational mission of psychiatry departments...
- Anxiety disorders during pregnancy and postpartumRuth E Levine
Center of Interdisciplinary Research in Women s Health, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0193, USA
Am J Perinatol 20:239-48. 2003..This article reviews the literature on the course of anxiety disorders during pregnancy and the postpartum period and presents guidelines for management...
- A cautionary tale: on becoming an "unmasked" reviewerRuth E Levine
Acad Psychiatry 30:263-4. 2006
- Team-based learning at ten medical schools: two years laterBritta M Thompson
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Med Educ 41:250-7. 2007..In 2003, we described initial use of team-based learning (TBL) at 10 medical schools. The purpose of the present study was to review progress and understand factors affecting the use of TBL at these schools during the subsequent 2 years...