Robert F Lera
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- The final link: tapping the power of chemical genetics to connect the molecular and biologic functions of mitotic protein kinasesRobert F Lera
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Molecules 17:12172-86. 2012..We believe a complete "chemical genetic toolbox" will ultimately allow a comprehensive understanding of how protein kinases regulate mitosis...
- Identification of Selective Lead Compounds for Treatment of High-Ploidy Breast CancerAlka Choudhary
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin
Mol Cancer Ther 15:48-59. 2016..We conclude that polyploid breast cancers represent a high-risk subgroup and that DPBQ provides a functional core to develop polyploid-selective therapy. Mol Cancer Ther; 15(1); 48-59. ©2015 AACR. ..
- Interphase cytofission maintains genomic integrity of human cells after failed cytokinesisAlka Choudhary
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13026-31. 2013..Thus, traction-mediated cytofission, originally observed in Dictyostelium, is relevant to human biology--where it seems to be an evolutionarily conserved mechanism that can preserve genomic integrity...
- High mitotic activity of Polo-like kinase 1 is required for chromosome segregation and genomic integrity in human epithelial cellsRobert F Lera
Department of Medicine and the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
J Biol Chem 287:42812-25. 2012..These results demonstrate that different thresholds of Plk1 activity can elicit distinct phenotypes, illustrating a general method for separating pleiotropic functions of a protein kinase even when these are executed close in time...
- Decoding Polo-like kinase 1 signaling along the kinetochore-centromere axisRobert F Lera
Department of Medicine, Hematology Oncology Division, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Nat Chem Biol 12:411-8. 2016..Although complex, this multiplicity of locales provides an opportunity to decouple functional and phosphoproteomic signatures for a comprehensive understanding of Plk1's kinetochore functions. ..