Genomes and Genes
R H Lenox
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Overview of the mechanism of action of lithium in the brain: fifty-year updateR H Lenox
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6140, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:5-15. 2000..Future studies on long-term neuroplastic changes caused by lithium in the brain will set the stage for new drug-discovery opportunities...
- Distribution of the protein kinase C substrates MARCKS and MRP in the postnatal developing rat brainR K McNamara
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610 0256, USA
J Comp Neurol 397:337-56. 1998....
- Differential regulation of primary protein kinase C substrate (MARCKS, MLP, GAP-43, RC3) mRNAs in the hippocampus during kainic acid-induced seizures and synaptic reorganizationR K McNamara
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6140, USA
J Neurosci Res 62:416-26. 2000..The expression profiles following kainate seizures bear resemblance to those observed during postnatal hippocampal development, which may indicate the recruitment of common regulatory mechanisms...
- Facial motor neuron regeneration induces a unique spatial and temporal pattern of myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate expressionR K McNamara
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Clinical Research Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6140, USA
Neuroscience 97:581-9. 2000....
- Signalling pathways in the brain: cellular transduction of mood stabilisation in the treatment of manic-depressive illnessH K Manji
Department of Psychiatry, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 33:S65-83. 1999....
- Transcriptional down-regulation of MARCKS gene expression in immortalized hippocampal cells by lithiumL Wang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurochem 79:816-25. 2001..Taken together, our data indicate that transcriptional inhibition of the Macs gene underlies the lithium-induced down-regulation of MARCKS expression in the immortalized hippocampal cells...
- Molecular basis of lithium action: integration of lithium-responsive signaling and gene expression networksR H Lenox
Molecular Neuropsychopharmacology Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mol Psychiatry 8:135-44. 2003....
- Differential subcellular redistribution of protein kinase C isozymes in the rat hippocampus induced by kainic acidR K McNamara
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Abramson Research Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Neurochem 72:1735-43. 1999..The subcellular redistribution of PKC isozymes may contribute to the histopathological sequelae produced by KA in the hippocampus and may model the pathogenesis associated with diseases involving glutamate-induced neurotoxicity...
- Effect of reduced myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate expression on hippocampal mossy fiber development and spatial learning in mutant mice: transgenic rescue and interactions with gene backgroundR K McNamara
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14517-22. 1998....
- Actin filament cross-linking by MARCKS: characterization of two actin-binding sites within the phosphorylation site domainE G Yarmola
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 276:22351-8. 2001....