Joshua D Lenchus
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Strategies for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis programsJoshua D Lenchus
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Postgrad Med 123:91-101. 2011..Effective use of these strategies by physicians, with the engagement and support of nurses and pharmacists, should help to improve current practices and to reduce the considerable burden of VTE...
- Transitions in the Prophylaxis, Treatment and Care of Patients with Venous ThromboembolismJoshua D Lenchus
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Adv Ther 33:29-45. 2016..This review provides an overview of these transitions and highlights how they can impact clinical care...
- Recent advances in antithrombotic therapy for stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillationJoshua D Lenchus
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Hosp Pract (1995) 41:49-60. 2013..Integration of the novel OACs into clinical practice offers patients with AF new treatment options, and as therapeutic use of the novel OACs increases, real-world experience will add to our understanding of the value of these agents...
- End of the "see one, do one, teach one" era: the next generation of invasive bedside procedural instructionJoshua D Lenchus
University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital Center for Patient Safety in Miami, Florida, USA
J Am Osteopath Assoc 110:340-6. 2010..Because this approach is subject to nonuniform application, a new model was established to determine the impact of a standardized curriculum on medical students' and residents' medical knowledge and technical skills...
- A blended approach to invasive bedside procedural instructionJoshua Lenchus
University of Miami Jackson Hospital Center for Patient Safety, 1611 NW 12 Avenue, Institute building, 4th Floor, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Med Teach 33:116-23. 2011..This study assessed the impact of a blended, standardized curriculum for invasive bedside procedural training on medical knowledge and technical skills for Internal Medicine residents...
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in hospitalized medical patientsJoshua D Lenchus
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 75:449-53. 2008....
- Effectiveness of stepwise interventions targeted to decrease central catheter-associated bloodstream infectionsL Silvia Munoz-Price
Department of Medicine, Division of Biostatistics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, USA
Crit Care Med 40:1464-9. 2012..Determine the impact of three stepwise interventions on the rate of central catheter-associated bloodstream infections...
- The efficacy of visual cues to improve hand hygiene complianceIgal Nevo
University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital Center for Patient Safety, and Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Simul Healthc 5:325-31. 2010..To evaluate a potential solution to this ongoing challenge, we used a simulated patient encounter in an actual hospital room to test the efficacy of individual HH triggers...