Danielle G Lemay
Affiliation: University of California
- Sequencing the transcriptome of milk production: milk trumps mammary tissueDanielle G Lemay
Genome Center, University of California Davis, 451 Health Sciences Dr, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Genomics 14:872. 2013....
- G-NEST: a gene neighborhood scoring tool to identify co-conserved, co-expressed genesDanielle G Lemay
Genome Center, University of California Davis, 451 Health Science Dr, Davis, CA, 95616, United States of America
BMC Bioinformatics 13:253. 2012....
- Unlocking the bovine genomeRoss L Tellam
CSIRO Livestock Industries, St Lucia, QLD, Australia
BMC Genomics 10:193. 2009....
- Gene regulatory networks in lactation: identification of global principles using bioinformaticsDanielle G Lemay
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, One Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Syst Biol 1:56. 2007..The molecular events underlying mammary development during pregnancy, lactation, and involution are incompletely understood...
- The bovine lactation genome: insights into the evolution of mammalian milkDanielle G Lemay
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genome Biol 10:R43. 2009..The newly assembled Bos taurus genome sequence enables the linkage of bovine milk and lactation data with other mammalian genomes...
- From genes to milk: genomic organization and epigenetic regulation of the mammary transcriptomeDanielle G Lemay
Genome Center, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e75030. 2013..Genes essential to the mammary gland's uniqueness are isolated from neighbors, and likely have less tolerance for variation in expression, properties they share with genes responsible for an organism's survival. ..
- Genome-wide identification of peroxisome proliferator response elements using integrated computational genomicsDanielle G Lemay
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Western Human Nutrition Research Center, and Department of Nutrition, University of California Davis, 95616, USA
J Lipid Res 47:1583-7. 2006..g., chromatin remodeling, DNA damage response, Wnt, and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling). This first genome-wide library of high-confidence predicted PPAR target genes will be a valuable resource to PPAR biologists...
- A novel gene cluster allows preferential utilization of fucosylated milk oligosaccharides in Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum SC596Daniel Garrido
Department of Viticulture and Enology, University of California, One Shields Ave Davis, CA 95616, United States
Sci Rep 6:35045. 2016..longum to HMO consumption, which resembles B. infantis. The capability to preferentially consume fucosylated HMO suggests a competitive advantage for these unique B. longum strains in the breast-fed infant gut...
- The human colostrum whey proteome is altered in gestational diabetes mellitusDmitry Grapov
National Institute of Health West Coast Metabolomics Center, Genome Center, Genome Center Proteomics Core Facility, Department of Food Science and Technology, and Foods for Health Institute, University of California Davis, Davis, California 95616, United States
J Proteome Res 14:512-20. 2015..The identified changes in protein expression suggest that diabetes mellitus during pregnancy has consequences on human colostral proteins involved in immunity and nutrition. ..
- RNA sequencing of the human milk fat layer transcriptome reveals distinct gene expression profiles at three stages of lactationDanielle G Lemay
Genome Center, University of California Davis, Davis, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e67531. 2013..This study provides the methodology and reference data set to enable future targeted research on the physiological contributors of sub-optimal lactation in humans. ..
- Building the bridges to bioinformatics in nutrition researchDanielle G Lemay
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 86:1261-9. 2007....
- SAMSA: a comprehensive metatranscriptome analysis pipelineSamuel T Westreich
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 17:399. 2016..We used this new tool to evaluate best practices for sequencing stool metatranscriptomes...
- Comparative genomics reveals tissue-specific regulation of prolactin receptor gene expressionAnke Schennink
Department of Animal ScienceGenome CenterUniversity of California Davis, 2335 Meyer Hall, One Shields Avenue, Davis, California 95616, USABaylor College of MedicineUSDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, 1100 Bates Street, Room 9022, Houston, Texas, USAUSDAARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center, PO Box 166, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 54:1-15. 2015..Together, these results highlight the diverse, conserved and tissue-specific regulation of PRLR expression in the targets for PRL, which may function to coordinate complex physiological states such as lactation and osmoregulation. ..