Affiliation: University of California
- A proposal for a new multiaxial model of psychiatric diagnosis. A continuum-based patient model derived from evolutionary developmental gene-environment interactionHoyle Leigh
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Psychopathology 42:1-10. 2009..To review recent genetic and neuroscientific research on psychiatric syndromes based on the current diagnostic scheme, and develop a better-fitting multiaxial patient-oriented diagnostic model...
- Teaching psychiatry in primary care residencies: do training directors of primary care and psychiatry see eye to eye?Hoyle Leigh
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Psychiatry, UCSF Fresno, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
Acad Psychiatry 32:504-9. 2008..This study compares the views of psychiatry residency training directors about psychiatry and mental health training in the primary care programs in their institutions with those of the primary care residency training directors...
- Telepsychiatry appointments in a continuing care setting: kept, cancelled and no-showsHoyle Leigh
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, Fresno Medical Education Program, Fresno, CA 93701, USA
J Telemed Telecare 15:286-9. 2009..We conclude that telepsychiatry can be used effectively in continuing care settings as well as in evaluation settings, and that staff and patient morale are important factors in successful telepsychiatry...
- Mental health and psychiatry training in primary care residency programs. Part II. What skills and diagnoses are taught, how adequate, and what affects training directors' satisfaction?Hoyle Leigh
Department of Psychiatry, Fresno Medical Education Program, University of California, San Francisco, Fresno, CA 93702, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:195-204. 2006....
- Mental health and psychiatry training in primary care residency programs. Part I. Who teaches, where, when and how satisfied?Hoyle Leigh
Department of Psychiatry, Fresno Medical Education Program, University of California, San Francisco, CA 93703, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 28:189-94. 2006..The authors sought to assess the current status of psychiatry training in Internal Medicine (IM), Family Practice (FP), Pediatrics (Peds) and Obstetrics and Gynecology (Ob/Gyn) residency programs...