Stephen C Lazarus
Affiliation: University of California
- Mild persistent asthma: is any treatment needed?Stephen C Lazarus
Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:805-8. 2006....
- Smoking affects response to inhaled corticosteroids or leukotriene receptor antagonists in asthmaStephen C Lazarus
University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M 1083, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:783-90. 2007..One-quarter to one-third of individuals with asthma smoke, which may affect response to therapy and contribute to poor asthma control...
- Daily versus as-needed corticosteroids for mild persistent asthmaHomer A Boushey
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 352:1519-28. 2005....
- A large subgroup of mild-to-moderate asthma is persistently noneosinophilicKelly Wong McGrath
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:612-9. 2012....
- Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: moving beyond the asthma algorithmErin Gordon
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0111, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:873-80; quiz 881-2. 2009..Rather than reflexively using effective asthma therapy in the patient with COPD, current and future therapy for COPD is increasingly evidence based and targeted to specific inflammatory pathways that are important in patients with COPD...
- Epithelial mucin stores are increased in the large airways of smokers with airflow obstructionAnh L Innes
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Chest 130:1102-8. 2006..Habitual cigarette smoking is associated with chronic mucus hypersecretion, but the relationship between mucus abnormalities and airflow obstruction in smokers is uncertain...
- Where do leukotriene modifiers fit in asthma management?Susan Janson
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Nurse Pract 27:19, 23-4, 26-9; quiz 30-1. 2002..Leukotriene modifiers, a newer drug class, add to the pharmacologic approaches to asthma management. Here, we review the role of leukotrienes in asthma pathogenesis and appropriate uses for leukotriene modifiers in asthma management...
- Objective airway monitoring improves asthma control in the cold and flu season: a cluster randomized trialSusan L Janson
School of Nursing, University of California, 2 Koret Way, San Francisco, CA 94143 0608, USA
Chest 138:1148-55. 2010..The purpose of this study was to improve inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) adherence and asthma control by cueing therapeutic communication between patients with asthma and their primary care clinicians...
- Randomized trial of zileuton for treatment of COPD exacerbations requiring hospitalizationPrescott G Woodruff
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
COPD 8:21-9. 2011..Leukotrienes have been implicated in the pathogenesis of acute exacerbations of COPD, but leukotriene modifiers have not been studied as a possible therapy for exacerbations...