Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- A randomized controlled pilot study of inflammatory gene expression in response to a stress management intervention for stem cell transplant caregiversMark L Laudenslager
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, 12700 E 17th Ave, Mail Stop C 268 09, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
J Behav Med 39:346-54. 2016..This suggests that PEPRR may alter transcriptomic effects reported for distressed individuals...
- "Anatomy of an Illness": control from a caregiver's perspectiveMark L Laudenslager
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Department of Psychiatry, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Brain Behav Immun 36:1-8. 2014..These relationships exist in a complex system that includes genetic influences, sex, social environment, and prior experience. This system fits well within recent formulations of a "complexity science" approach to health and well-being. ..
- Diurnal patterns of salivary cortisol and DHEA using a novel collection device: electronic monitoring confirms accurate recording of collection time using this deviceMark L Laudenslager
University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, United States Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:1596-606. 2013..5 and ±15 min for each steroid. These unique collection booklets proved to be a reliable method for recording collection times by subjects as well as for estimating diurnal salivary cortisol and DHEA patterns...
- The influences of perinatal challenge persist into the adolescent period in socially housed bonnet macaques (Macaca radiata)Mark L Laudenslager
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, East 19th Ave, Room 3001, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Psychobiol 55:316-22. 2013..These findings demonstrate that early life challenges affect behavior as well as stress hormone responses to social challenge in adolescence...
- Developmental patterns of hair cortisol in male and female nonhuman primates: lower hair cortisol levels in vervet males emerge at pubertyMark L Laudenslager
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1736-9. 2012..The advantage of lower cortisol levels in the males may be related to social group patterns of male emigration during adolescence in many nonhuman primate species...
- Estimates of milk constituents from lactating bonnet macaque (Macaca radiata) mothers between two and seven months post-partumMark L Laudenslager
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Med Primatol 39:368-73. 2010..We assayed milk samples from bonnet macaque (Macaca radiata) mothers as part of studies characterizing development of this species...
- Challenges to bonnet monkey (Macaca radiata) social groups: Mother-infant dyad and infant social interactionsMark L Laudenslager
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Dev Psychobiol 52:465-74. 2010..It is suggested that continuous challenge associated with relocation may affect the infant at later developmental ages due to these early differences in ways that are yet unclear...
- A novelty seeking phenotype is related to chronic hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity reflected by hair cortisolMark L Laudenslager
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado at Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Physiol Behav 104:291-5. 2011..05). These results suggest that low average cortisol levels promote novelty seeking, while high average levels inhibit novelty seeking behavior...
- An institutional postdoctoral research training program: predictors of publication rate and federal funding success of its graduatesRandal G Ross
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Psychiatry, Bldg 500, Box F546, 13001 E 17th Pl, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Acad Psychiatry 33:234-40. 2009..While peer-reviewed publications are the most common outcome measure utilized, there has been little discussion of how publications should be counted or what factors impact the long-term publication rates of trainees in these programs...
- Adolescents with atopic disorders have an attenuated cortisol response to laboratory stressMarianne Z Wamboldt
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, Colo 80206, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:509-14. 2003..Patients with allergic disorders have been noted to have variations in cortisol patterns under natural conditions as well as a differential cortisol response to stress...
- Response to social challenge in young bonnet (Macaca radiata) and pigtail (Macaca nemestrina) macaques is related to early maternal experiencesAnn Weaver
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
Am J Primatol 62:243-59. 2004....
- BEHAVIORAL AND PHYSIOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF LOSSMark Laudenslager; Fiscal Year: 2003..The present application seeks to identify developmental factors affecting the HPA axis and the balance of CORT and DHEA with consequences for individual differences in rates of progression in immunodeficiency disease. ..
- Early experience and low 5-HT markers in alcohol abuseMark Laudenslager; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, involvement of the HPA axis in these relationships will be investigated as an exploratory goal. ..