Affiliation: University of California
- Spatial pattern of body mass index among adults in the diabetes study of Northern California (DISTANCE)Barbara A Laraia
School of Public Health, Division of Community Health and Child Development, University of California, 207 B University Hall, 7360, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Int J Health Geogr 13:48. 2014..We evaluated the extent to which spatial clustering of extreme body mass index (BMI) values among a large sample of adults with diabetes was explained by individual characteristics and contextual factors...
- Food insecurity with past experience of restrained eating is a recipe for increased gestational weight gainBarbara Laraia
Division of Community Health and Human Development, School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley, 207 B University Hall, Berkeley, CA, USA
Appetite 65:178-84. 2013..Models were consistent when restricted to low-income women and full-term deliveries. In the presence of marginal food insecurity, women who struggle with weight and dieting issues may be at risk for excessive weight gain...
- Small food stores and availability of nutritious foods: a comparison of database and in-store measures, Northern California, 2009Ellen Kersten
Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management, University of California, Berkeley, 137 Mulford Hall No 3114, Berkeley, California 94720 3114, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E127. 2012....
- The implications of maternal overweight and obesity on the course of pregnancy and birth outcomesAnna Maria Siega-Riz
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:S153-6. 2006..We present updated information on the weight trends among women. Finally, we present an overview of the prevention studies aimed at adolescents and women prior to pregnancy...
- Food insecurity during pregnancy leads to stress, disordered eating, and greater postpartum weight among overweight womenBarbara Laraia
Division of Community Health and Human Development, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 23:1303-11. 2015..To investigate the influence of food insecurity on women's stress, disordered eating, dietary fat intake, and weight during the postpartum period...