Julie E Lang
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Ovarian cancer metastatic to the breast presenting as inflammatory breast cancer: a case report and literature reviewRebecca L Klein
1 Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, The University of Arizona Cancer Center Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Cancer 1:27-31. 2010..Ovarian metastasis to the breast confers a poor prognosis: patient survival ranged from 3 to 18 months, with a median survival of 6 months after the diagnosis of the breast metastasis...
- Complications of methylene blue dye in breast surgery: case reports and review of the literatureFj Reyes
1 Department of General Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Cancer 2:20-5. 2010..In each case severe necrosis and infection were present. Methylene blue may cause not only significant morbidity, but may also produce cosmetically unsatisfactory results...
- Radiation-induced sarcoma of the breast: a systematic reviewGrishma R Sheth
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Room 4327, P O Box 245131, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Oncologist 17:405-18. 2012..Breast cancer survivors treated with radiotherapy constitute a large fraction of RIS patients. To evaluate evidenced-based practices for RIS treatment, we performed a systematic review of the published English-language literature...
- A comparison of RNA amplification techniques at sub-nanogram input concentrationJulie E Lang
Department of Surgery, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
BMC Genomics 10:326. 2009..Microarray data from each amplification method were validated against quantitative real-time PCR (QPCR) for 37 genes...
- Significance of micrometastasis in bone marrow and blood of operable breast cancer patients: research tool or clinical application?Julie E Lang
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Surgical Oncology, Unit 444, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:1463-72. 2007..The purpose of this report is to review the data regarding CTCs and DTCs in patients with operable breast cancer...
- EpCAM based capture detects and recovers circulating tumor cells from all subtypes of breast cancer except claudin-lowAlexander Ring
Department of Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Oncotarget 6:44623-34. 2015..The potential utility of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) as liquid biopsies is of great interest. We hypothesized that CTC capture using EpCAM based gating is feasible for most breast cancer subtypes...
- Expression profiling of circulating tumor cells in metastatic breast cancerJulie E Lang
Division of Breast and Soft Tissue Surgery, Department of Surgery, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center NCCC, University of Southern California USC, 1510 San Pablo Street Suite 412, Los Angeles, CA, 90033 0800, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 149:121-31. 2015..Our approach may inform the discovery of therapeutic predictors and be useful for real-time identification of emerging resistance mechanisms in MBC patients...
- Prognostic implications of positive nonsentinel lymph nodes removed during selective sentinel lymphadenectomy for breast cancerJulie E Lang
Department of Surgery and UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143 1674, USA
Breast J 15:242-6. 2009..57), or overall survival (p = 0.70). Positive non-SLNs removed during SSL are not a significant risk factor for additional positive nodes on completion axillary nodal dissection (CALND) or for worse survival than positive SLNs...
- Is it necessary to harvest additional lymph nodes after resection of the most radioactive sentinel lymph node in breast cancer?Liang Chih Liu
Department of Surgery and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:853-8. 2008..We hypothesized that the node with the highest radioactivity would have the strongest probability of being a positive SLN, and we sought to determine the lowest radioactive count of a node harboring cancer...
- Accuracy of selective sentinel lymphadenectomy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: effect of clinical node status at presentationJulie E Lang
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
J Am Coll Surg 199:856-62. 2004..It is important to determine whether SSL can be used after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and whether clinical node status at presentation affects accuracy of SSL...