Marian P LaMonte
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Alternative parenteral anticoagulation with argatroban, a direct thrombin inhibitorMarian P LaMonte
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1595, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 3:31-41. 2005....
- Argatroban in thrombotic strokeMarian P LaMonte
Division of Emergency Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, The Maryland Brain Attack Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 32:39-45. 2002..The implications of further clinical studies are discussed...
- Stroke in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and the effect of argatroban therapyMarian P LaMonte
University of Maryland School of Medicine MPL, Baltimore, MD, USA
Crit Care Med 32:976-80. 2004..To investigate the frequency, mortality rate, and characteristics of stroke in heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and the effect of argatroban therapy in that setting...
- Argatroban anticoagulation in patients with acute ischemic stroke (ARGIS-1): a randomized, placebo-controlled safety studyMarian P LaMonte
University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 South Greene St, Room N4W46, Baltimore, MD 21201 1595
Stroke 35:1677-82. 2004..Direct thrombin inhibitors, including argatroban, represent an anticoagulant class distinct from heparins. We investigated the safety of 2 levels of argatroban anticoagulation in acute ischemic stroke...
- Acute ischemic stroke successfully treated using sequenced intravenous and intra-arterial thrombolysis and argatroban anticoagulation: a case studyMarian P LaMonte
Departments of Neurology and Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 17:151-6. 2004..We report a case of ischemic stroke and prothrombotic state treated using sequenced intravenous and intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy and argatroban anticoagulation...
- A noninvasive portable acoustic diagnostic system to differentiate ischemic from hemorrhagic strokeMarian P LaMonte
Maryland Brain Attack Center, Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Neuroimaging 15:57-63. 2005..To determine if a noninvasive brain acoustic monitor can differentiate acoustic responses from "normal patients" and ischemic from hemorrhagic stroke patients...
- Outcomes from a comprehensive stroke telemedicine programMarian P LaMonte
Department of Neurology, Room N4W46, University of Maryland Medical Center, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Telemed J E Health 14:339-44. 2008..Contractual and third-party reimbursement structures should be modified to surmount this impediment to extending stroke specialty care and community education...
- Evaluation and management of transient ischemic attacksMarian P LaMonte
Department of Neurology and Emergency Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, Room N4W46, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 23:401-12, vii. 2007..A discussion of modifications that can be made for an outpatient setting evaluation and a review of the literature follow...
- A regional system of stroke care provides thrombolytic outcomes comparable with the NINDS stroke trialMarian P LaMonte
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:319-27. 2009....
- Anticoagulation strategies for treatment of ischemic stroke and antiphospholipid syndrome: case report and review of the literatureShawnna L Patterson
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:1518-25. 2006..Management of anticoagulation therapy in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome is complex and challenging, and therapeutic strategies need to be evaluated further...
- Shortening time to stroke treatment using ambulance telemedicine: TeleBATMarian P LaMonte
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 13:148-54. 2004..We previously demonstrated the clinical use of TeleBAT, a mobile telemedicine system for stroke. We tested the impact of that system on time to treatment for patients with acute stroke...
- Telemedicine for acute stroke: triumphs and pitfallsMarian P LaMonte
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland Medicine, 22 S Greene St, Room N4W46, Baltimore MD 21201, USA
Stroke 34:725-8. 2003..Here, we describe our stroke treatment center experiences and report safe administration of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) during telemedicine consultation...
- Ensuring emergency medicine performance standards for stroke and transient ischemic attack careMarian P LaMonte
Neurological Services, St Agnes Hospital, 900 Caton Avenue, 2nd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21229, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 26:703-13, viii. 2008..Recommendations are based on literature review and the author's experience with the successful certification of multiple primary stroke centers and appointments in neurology, emergency medicine, and nursing specialties...