Chad A Lagrange
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Renal cell carcinoma associated with TFE3 gene fusion in an elderly womanChad A Lagrange
University of Kentucky, Department of Surgery, Division of Urology and Pathology, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Urology 70:590.e11-2. 2007..However, we believe that this tumor may be underdiagnosed in adults owing to its similarity to clear cell (conventional) carcinoma and in some cases to papillary renal carcinoma...
- Evaluation of three laparoscopic modalities: robotics versus three-dimensional vision laparoscopy versus standard laparoscopyChad A Lagrange
Division of Urology, Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Endourol 22:511-6. 2008..Therefore, we designed a trial using three different laparoscopic modalities to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each modality...
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy without formal collecting system closure: perioperative outcomes in 104 consecutive patientsJason R Bylund
Division of Urology, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center and Veterans Affairs Hospital, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Endourol 25:1853-7. 2011..We describe operative results and complications of a single surgeon, retrospectively reviewed series using a simplified method of hand assistance and a fibrin glue patch for hemostasis without formal collecting system closure...
- Interstitial laser ablation of the kidney: acute and chronic porcine study using new-generation diffuser tip fiberChad A Lagrange
Department of Surgery Division of Urology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Endourol 21:1387-91. 2007..Many ablative techniques have been described for treatment of small renal tumors. We investigated interstitial laser ablation (ILA) of porcine kidneys with a new-generation diffuser tip fiber...
- Urolithiasis in pregnancyVernon M Pais
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Room MS 277, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Urol Clin North Am 34:43-52. 2007..The authors present a review of the relevant anatomic and physiologic changes of pregnancy as they affect stone disease and outline options for radiologic evaluation and surgical management...
- Effect of robotic manipulation on unidirectional barbed suture integrity: evaluation of tensile strength and sliding forceDharam Kaushik
Division of Urology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
J Endourol 26:711-5. 2012..The effect of robotic needle driver manipulation on barbed suture is unknown. Therefore, the aim of this study is to determine whether robotic manipulation decreases the tensile strength and peak sliding force of V-Loc barbed suture...
- Use of Lowsley tractor during laparoscopic prostatectomy to reduce urethrovesical anastomotic tensionJenne E Garrett
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Endourol 20:220-2. 2006..This technique uses an instrument readily available in the urology operating room and facilitates completion of the difficult anastomosis under minimal tension, resulting in a high-quality anastomosis with fewer gaps...
- The effect of sodium thiosulfate administration on nephrocalcinosis in a rat modelChad A Lagrange
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Endourol 23:529-33. 2009..We proposed a rat model to evaluate whether STS has any possible beneficial effect on calcium nephrolithiasis or nephrocalcinosis...
- Induction of progressive profound hypocitraturia with increasing doses of topiramateBrad W Warner
University of Kentucky, Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Urology 72:29-32; discussion 32-3. 2008..To provide prospective, longitudinal evidence of the effects of topiramate, an antiepileptic medication prescribed for migraine headaches, on stone-risk factors, specifically as pertaining to dosing and rapidity of onset...