S K Kurdistani
Affiliation: University of California
- Genome-wide binding map of the HIV-1 Tat protein to the human genomeCéline Marban
Institut de Virologie, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
PLoS ONE 6:e26894. 2011..Our data reveal that Tat's interaction with the host genome is more extensive than previously thought, with potentially important implications for the viral life cycle...
- Dynamic distribution of linker histone H1.5 in cellular differentiationJing Yu Li
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002879. 2012..Our data reveal for the first time a specific and novel function for linker histone subtype H1.5 in maintenance of condensed chromatin at defined gene families in differentiated human cells...
- Enhancer dysfunction: how the main regulators of gene expression contribute to cancerSiavash K Kurdistani
Department of Biological Chemistry and Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, David Geff en School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Genome Biol 13:156. 2012..A genome-wide epigenetic analysis of enhancer elements in colon cancer has implicated distal gene regulatory DNA sequences in the establishment of an oncogenic transcriptional program...
- Histone modifications as markers of cancer prognosis: a cellular viewS K Kurdistani
Department of Biological Chemistry, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1737, USA
Br J Cancer 97:1-5. 2007..This novel cellular epigenetic heterogeneity is related to clinical outcome of cancer patients and may serve as a valuable marker of prognosis...
- Global levels of histone modifications predict prognosis in different cancersDavid B Seligson
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Human Genetics, David GeffenSchool of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1737, USA
Am J Pathol 174:1619-28. 2009....
- Histone modifications in cancer biology and prognosisSiavash K Kurdistani
Department of Biological Chemistry and Pathology, Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Prog Drug Res 67:91-106. 2011..The challenge before us is to understand how global levels of histone modifications are established and maintained and what their mechanistic links are to the cancer clinical behavior...
- Acetylation of yeast histone H4 lysine 16: a switch for protein interactions in heterochromatin and euchromatinC B Millar
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine and the Molecular Biology Institute, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 69:193-200. 2004